Always be Afraid of the Angry Teenage Girl

Nico POV

As they entered the school building, Nico tried to fade behind Will. He knew it was painfully obvious they had spent the night together, between them showing up late at the same time and him wearing Will's football shirt that very obviously said solace on the back. He did his best to cover the back of the shirt with his bag, but it clearly was not working as he soon heard whispers being directed at his back. The silent judgement didn't last long either.

"WELL WELL IT SEEMS WILLIAM SOLACE GOT LAID" Wills friend, Jason, yelled as he made it over to the pair. Nico's face turned dark red, and he tried to slip away into the crowd. The blonde looked sympathetically back at him before going to hug his friend, whispering something in his ear. This clearly wasn't something good as Jason pulled back with a smirk, his eyes flitting between Will and Nico. He internally cringed, filled with wanting to know and not wanting to know what was just said in the exchange. And as he thought the day couldn't get any worse, it did.

"NICO DI ANGLO WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU LAST NIGHT" Hazel. Great.

His step sister made her way through the crowd of intrigued onlookers who were clearly very invested in the drama unfolding before you. The girl was clearly annoyed, her usual kind expression twisted, golden eyes filled with fury.

"Hazel, I can explain-" Nico started before Will cut in.

"It wasn't anything Haze, I swear I wouldn't hurt your brother. He came over to work on our final and we fell asleep. That's all there is I promise." Will interjected, looking pleadingly at Nico's sister.

"Look solace, as much as I love you, I'm only talking to my asshole of a brother. I don't care what you two were doing, you could've been fucking for all I care, but he had me worried sick" hazel said, shooting will one last glare before dragging Nico away through the crowd.

Great, this is just great, Nico thought as his seething sister pulled him through the sea of people. Her death grip on his arm worsened to the point he thought he would lose the arm, finally relieved when she let go as she led them into an empty classroom. He sat down on one of the desks while Hazel paced angrily. Closing his eyes, he braced himself for getting yelled at, but instead he heard a slight sob.

Opening his eyes, he saw that Hazel was crying infront of him.

"Haze what's wrong?" He asked, putting his hand on her shoulder. As much as he hated her when they first became siblings, he now cared for her more than anything.

"Y-you didn't come last night and I was so scared. Dad and mom weren't home either so I had no idea if something happened to you, and-" she trailed off, muffled as Nico pulled her into a hug. He wasn't one for physical affection, but seeing his sister like this hurt badly.

"I'm really sorry Hazel, I thought about calling you but I just forgot" he whispered.

"It's fine, as long as you're safe" she pulled back from the hug  "but never fucking do that again you hear me!? You scared me to death!"

Nico flinched at the yelling but he knew that she was really scared.

"I promise sis, it won't happen again"

"Good. Now come on, you don't want to leave your boyfriend waiting any longer" Hazel winked as she left the classroom.

"He's not my-" Nico sighed giving up. It was no use now that she was out of the room. He grabbed his bags and headed for class.

He was never going to live this down.