Habits

TW: Mentions of self harm and abusive relationships, please don't read if this makes you uncomfortable. There will be a A/N next chapter with a summary of this so don't feel like you will be missing out on the story. 

Nico POV

His heart started racing as he picked up his phone, and not in a good way. It had been 2 years since he had last spoke to Octavian, 2 years since he put Nico in the hospital. He opened up the message, taking a deep breath before responding

Nico- no we really don't

Octavian- I don't think you'll be saying that when the whole school knows what you are tomorrow

Nico panicked. He wasn't insinuating what he thought he was, was he?

Nico- what are you talking about

Nico- OCTAVIAN

Octavian- oh look who wants to talk now.

Nico- I'm tired of your dam games Octavian, spill it. I know you want to be talking to me just as much as I want to be talking to you.

Octavian- you're going to meet me at the party

Nico- and why would I do that?

Octavian- I think you know what'll happen if you don't fag. Goodbye until then

Nico buried his head in his hands as silent tears streamed down his face. He wasn't going down this path again. The last time he had spoken to Octavian, he had gotten thrown across the room in an argument. They had been in a relationship of sorts for 3 years, but Octavian was abusive, so much so that he hospitalized Nico for a week. That's why Nico never counted him as a significant other, that way he didn't have to have his firsts be with someone who never loved him in the first place.

He walked to the bathroom to wash his face, trying to limit the tear stains on his cheeks. As he reached up for the towel, his hand brushed against the blade. He froze. It had been 2 years since, well since he had done it last. With Octavian out of his life, he had never felt the need to do it again.

He picked the blade up, turning it over in his hand. He remembered the pain of all he had gone through, he was only 17 he didn't deserve it.

Yes you do, the voice in his head said. You deserve this. Do you know what you've put other people through? Just do it, itll be better that way. You'll be out of the way, you'll no longer be an inconvenience

Nico started sobbing. He wanted to block the voice out so badly but he couldn't. It was too much. He had to do something.