Friends can send flirty texts right?

Will POV

Will had to turn away from the conversation at lunch for a minute because it was getting to be too much. Of course Nico knew Percy, how could he not. Nearly every girl and gay in their school had a thing for him. His perfect dark waves and sea green eyes, Will was one of the lucky few that escaped his somehow intoxicating self. He heard the two bicker for a bit, clearly very close, something that only made will slightly hurt. He thought he had something going with Nico, but after seeing him interact with Percy, he had a hard time thinking that anymore.

"So uh Nico, you got anyone special in your life?" Jason asked, catching will's interest.

"No, not anyone at the moment. A little too busy for that, plus you think I have friends?" Nico said. For some strange reason this gave Will hope, if Nico didn't have any friends, there was no way he could be in the friend zone. Boom he had a shot. (He is very delusional).

"I mean, you have Will. He definitely wants to be your friend" He winked at me, clearly insinuating something different. He blushed, burying his hands in his face with the hope that Nico hadn't caught on to that exchange.

As the bell rang, Will pulled Percy aside. He had to know what was going on between the two so he could figure out if there was any chance in hell of him getting with the boy.

"Hey, uh Percy can I ask you something personal?" Will managed to get out, only a slight annoyed tone to his voice.

"Yeah man, anything" He said, waving goodbye to Annabeth, "what's up?"

"So I noticed you were pretty close with Nico, and I was wondering if there was anything going on between you two? If you're not comfortable telling me that's ok, it's just I was wondering if you guys were-"

"Dude chill" Percy laughed "Just because I'm bi doesn't mean I have a thing with every guy. Not that Nico isn't great, its just that Annabeth and I are together, but no one really knows about that"

"Oh ok ok ok, good to uh- good to know" Will replied.

"Anyways, why did you want to know?"

"Umm" Will turned a bright shade of red, causing Percy to bust out laughing.

"I GET IT NOW. You totally have a thing for Nico!"

"Wha-what? No I do not-"

"I knew it! You guys are always flirting with each other, not to mention him showing up this morning wearing your clothing" Percy wiggled his eyebrows.

"That was nothing, it was purely innocent. Plus, even if I did like him, he's clearly straight, and I don't even think he'd like me back if he was into guys" Will said, defeated.

"I'm going to tell you this, but you cannot ever mention a word. There is a chance for you and him ok? Don't ask me how I know, I just do. It will work out. BUT if you ever think of hurting him or break his heart, you can mark your football career as over because that is the last thing you will ever do, so help me gods Solace"

Will stood there blinking. He wasn't prepared for any of that, the hope for a chance or the threats. He smiled goodbye at Percy before turning to walk to practice. Percy said he had a shot with Nico, but what did that mean? Maybe if he invited him over to work on the project some more, they could pick up where they left off that morning.

As he walked to practice, he thought up various ways they could hang out. Then the perfect opportunity arose, in the form of Jason Grace.

Upon reaching the practice field, he found his dorky best friend chatting with his girlfriend Piper who happened to be on the cheerleading team. As he strolled up to the two, Jason turned around with a huge grin on his face.

"Oh gods, what is it this time Grace?" Will asked exasperated. Whenever Jason looked like this, it was never good.

"Well it just so happens that McLean is throwing a party this weekend since her folks will be out of town."

"Yeah this is going to be all out, the whole of the Junior and Senior classes are invited so you know its about to go down " Piper smiled devilishly, somehow making her appear even more attractive.

"You should totally come man," Jason said as he threw an arm around Will's shoulders. In a lower voice he whispered "And bring that cute friend of yours, heaven knows there are rooms to spare in Piper's house"

"JASON" He blushed incredibly hard. It wasn't like he hadn't thought of it before, he was a teenager after all. But everything with Nico felt so different with him. He wanted to shelter him, not do anything with him but cuddle and kiss, that was all he thought about with him.

"Just saying dude, people get mad bold when they get drunk" Jason smirked

"I'm not going to-"

"WE KNOW' The two yelled exasperated. "You're not gonna drink, but who knows if that cute friend of yours does, maybe you will too" Piper winked, pulling Jason away, leaving will standing frozen on the track. Opening up his messages, he sat with the text thread to Nico open. He shouldn't take him right? It would be rude to. He would make the boy uncomfortable, and then Nico would never want to hang out with him again. It was too risky. Jason must have seen this inner debate because he ran over out of nowhere, grabbing Will's phone from his hands.

"JASON give me my phone back!" Will lunged towards his best friend who side stepped as he finished the message.

"And sent! Now we wait to see if he replies" Will snatched his phone from his friend's hands, feeling a sense of both panic and relief. He then decided to read the message that Jason sent, nearly having a heart attack in the process.

Will- Friday, 7pm, I'm picking you up for Piper's party. I would say make sure to wear something hot, but you always do ;)

Delivered and read. Oh god.