Why is it Still Raining?

Nico POV

His head was pounding, a combination between the blaring music and the frequent shrieks of teenage girls. Up until this point, he had managed to block most of it out with his earbuds, but those were now dead. Now, he was facing the consequences of signing up for prom committee to make Hazel happy. It was all too much. His clothes fit wrong, the paint on them too many colours, and the way his hair was tied up pulled too tightly on his head. Great, the impending signs of an anxiety attack  he thought, annoyed at the day's events. He needed Will to be there. 

Trying to calm himself down, he placed his focus back on the mural he was doing. After practicing several times on the fabric of his jeans, he applied the paintbrush to the wall, letting the art come to life. By the time he was done, the wall was covered in a vibrant scene, a gleaming garden to rival that of Persephone herself. 

He sat back contentedly on his heels, fixing the strands of hair that came loose in the process. Wanting a break, he looked around the gym to admire the rest of the work that the committee had done, eyes tracing the walls until they landed on a familiar mop of blonde hair. His heart sunk a little when he saw who he was with. Drew in all her glory was too close to comfort for him, batting her eyes stupidly at his boyfriend. This bitch. He began to make his way over, but by the time he was in earshot, a decision had been made. 

"I knew you would come around! We are going to be the perfect couple at prom, just you wait!" He heard Drew shriek excitedly, barely having time to process that sentence before he watched as she pulled Will into a kiss. His boyfriend pushed away, shaking his head before finally looking up to meet his eyes. I can't do this, not today  he thought, turning around to leave when he felt a warm hand grab his wrist. 

"Nico I-" He looked into Will's pleading blue eyes, but he couldn't say anything. He was mad at the world, and he hated Drew. He couldn't quite tell whether or not his hatred was spreading to Will as well. At last he managed to speak. 

"Fuck you, Will" And he was gone. He shouldered past Hazel on the way out, trying to keep the water from his eyes until he got to his car, but it was no use. Hot tears streamed down his face, blurring his vision as he drove out of the parking lot. 

The road was empty, the only company to his car was the rain, which was beginning to pick up now. This made him cry even harder, remembering his favourite date at the lookout. It was all wrong and it made no sense to him. 

I told you he was going to leave you.

Why would he ever want to stay with you?

This is what you get.

It's what you deserve. 

It was all too much. Angrily, he tried to wipe the tears from his eyes again, taking his hands off the wheel to scrub at his face. Big mistake.

The car suddenly jerked, hydroplaning off of a deep puddle. He hastily grabbed the steering wheel, trying to jerk it back into place, but it was too late. Everything was moving too fast, the tires spinning on the slippery asphalt road. Rain splattered the windshield in torrents as the car spun out of control, sliding off the road into the ditch on the side. 

The last thing he saw was a flash of electricity before everything went black. 

A/N- Hope this wasn't too disappointing of a plot twist. Now, to die or not to die- that is the question. My job here of creating drama is done, take care loves. 🫡