Promise Me

TW: Mentions of self harm

Will POV

When he got to Nico's house, Hazel was at the door. He smiled at her as she opened the door wider, inviting him into the house.

"He's upstairs probably listening to emo music or something. That depressed little fuck hasn't come downstairs in awhile" She said sarcastically.

"What makes you think I'm here for Nico?" Will asked. She wasn't wrong, it was just slightly confusing. Him and Hazel were friends, so he could have very well been there to see her. But clearly she knew that wasn't the case.

"Lets be real here. He's the only kid you've been hanging out with recently" Stepping aside she added "Third door on your left"

"Thanks" He started up the stairs.

"And Will?" He turned around

"Don't break his heart" She looked dead serious as she said this, but a sad smile crept across her face, breaking up her stern look.

"I won't" He promised, turning back around before realizing what he had just said. He had basically admitted to liking Nico, TO HIS SISTER. She didn't even know he was bi, but he knew deep down that Hazel would love him either way.

He finally reached the door Hazel had indicated, stepping inside the room. He looked around in awe, it was one of the coolest rooms he had seen ever. The walls were a light grey color, filled with vintage posters of old bands. There was a small but cozy looking twin sized bed with what looked like, wait is that a rom com poster? He laughed imagining the surly brunette watching 10 things I hate about you and actually enjoying it. 

As he looked around for Nico, he heard a small sob come from the bathroom. He rushed over to the doorway where he found the boy crumpled against the wall, blood running along his forearms with a piece of metal sitting on the ground beside him.

"Oh gods, Nico are you ok?" Will whispered worriedly, picking him up off the ground and placing him in his lap.

"Solace leave me alone" Nico cried through his hands, trying to avoid making eye contact. He desperately tried to cover up what he had done but it was to no avail, Will knew what had happened, but he didn't want to pry, at least not yet. What mattered is that Nico stayed safe.

"Neeks, I'm not leaving you, I'm staying right here" Will protested, drawing him closer. He half expected him to push him away, yell at him or do something. But instead Nico grabbed onto Will's shirt, crying into it. His whole body shook with sobs, as Will wrapped a protective arm around him, the other running his hands soothingly through the boys hair. Who did this to you Will thought. Whoever it was, he was going to kill. He pulled Nico closer, trying to subdue the shaky sobs, and they stayed like that for awhile until Nico finally calmed down.

"Hey, I'm going to clean up your cuts ok?" Will asked. As much as he loved how they were sitting, he didn't want Nico to be in pain anymore. As Nico mumbled a noise of approval, he lifted him onto the counter. Will found the bandaids in the cabinet, after washing out his cuts, he gently applied the bandaids to his arm. It was only then that he realized how close the pair was. He was standing in between Nico's legs, their faces level as the counter gave Nico a boost up. He lifted Nicos face up to see it. His eyes were red from crying, his cheeks stained with tears. He looked broken for once, not the usual Nico that Will was used to. And this made Will break inside. 

"I'm sorry Will" He said, his voice still gravely from crying.

"Hey, hey no look at me" Will whispered, bringing Nico back to face him "You have nothing to be sorry about. This isn't your fault ok? Just promise me, if it ever gets this bad again, you call me"

"B-but I don't want to bother you"

"Nico, you will never bother me ok? It could be the middle of the night and I would still answer for you. I cannot afford to lose you. Just please promise me."

"I promise sunshine" He said, closing his eyes as he rested his forehead on Will's. Sunshine. The nickname itself was enough of a promise to him. Will smiled, and the two remained that way for awhile. Will's arms wrapped loosely around Nicos back, Nico's arms across his shoulders, and their heads laid together. It felt surreal, it felt right.