A Perfect Date

Will POV

The red thunderbird cruised through town as Will tried to figure out where they were going. He had been the one to spontaneously ask him out, so now what was he supposed to do. Finally, he had the perfect idea. Turning onto the highway, he drove them away from school, down into the city. 

"Uh Will, you do realize we are going the opposite way from literally every place we usually go to?"

"I know" He responded.

"And you do realize that we are about to end up downtown?"

"I do." He smiled, loving Nico's confusion as he pulled into a parking lot. He opened up Nico's car door, placing his hands over his eyes as the boy stepped out. 

"Is this really necessary?" Nico sighed. 

"Absolutely. I can't have you spoil the date before we're there" Will replied happily, guiding Nico over to the doors of the store. He was truly hoping that Nico would enjoy what he was about to show him. 

Once they were finally through the doors, Will removed his hands from Nico's eyes, watching him for his reaction. They were in an old book and record shop, decorated beautifully, similar to Nico's room. Nico looked around in awe, making Will melt slightly inside. 

"Get any book or record you want, I'll buy it" Will said sincerely, really wanting Nico to be happy.

"Wait, really?"

"Really." Nico smiled like a child in the candy store, grabbing Will's hand and rushing to the nearest shelf.

____

After about 2 hours in the store, the pair emerged carrying stacks of books and records in their hands to the car. Once they were set gently in the trunk, Nico turned to Will and gave him a huge hug. 

"Thank you so much" He said, voice muffled in Will's chest which made him laugh.

"Anything for you" He hugged the smaller boy back, not wanting to let go until Nico did. 

The two piled into the car, Nico picking the music while Will drove them out of the city. The sky, which was now fully covered in clouds, opened up and began to rain. When the next song came on, Will had another idea. He quietly steered the car off of the highway onto the nearest lookout spot.

"What's going on Will?" Nico was concerned as he hopped out of the car and rushed to the passenger side.

"We're going to dance" He grinned, opening the passenger door.

"In the rain?"

"Yes in the rain! Trust me, it'll be fun. Turn the radio up and take my hand" Nico hesitated for a moment then finally gave into Will's enthusiasm, stepping out. The song Fearless began to fill the air as Will took Nico's hand.

"May I have this dance?"

"You're ridiculous, you know that?" Nico chuckled and took Will's hand, allowing the blonde to pull his close. They swayed together, their movements fluid and carefree, illuminated by occasional flashes of lightning. 

"Will?" Nico's voice floated with the pattern of the raindrops.

"Yeah what's up?" He looked down at Nico, heart racing when his gaze met Nico's warm brown eyes. 

"I love you" Will's breath was taken from him, but he knew his response immediately. 

"I love you too, Nico" 

Nico pressed a gentle kiss to Will's lips, and they continued to dance, lost in the moment. They didn't care that they were getting soaked by the rain, or that passing cars were staring. He was deeply and truly in love with this kid, and nothing could change that. 

'Cause I don't know how it gets better than this

You take my hand and drag me head first, fearless