WTF is a Bowl of Wonders

Nico POV

He paced in front of the front door, waiting for the familiar red thunderbird to pull into the driveway. Now, he knew that he had technically never agreed to letting Will pick him up, but he was just having too much fun messing with the blonde. He loved the cute look he got on his face whenever he was confused. He looked at the clock, 6:52. Shit he's not coming  Nico thought.

He was just about to grab the keys to his car when finally he heard the sound of 80s rock getting closer. Peeking out the window just to confirm, he smiled seeing the car pull in. He ran out to the car, yelling goodbye to his parents on the way before slipping into the passenger seat next to Will.

"So, seems like you do need me" Will grinned, clearly happy that Nico was waiting for him.

"Yeah in more ways that one" Nico mumbled under his breath, not quite loud enough for Will to hear.

"What was that?"

"I just said we're going to be late, and I don't want to face whatever consequence Percy has waiting for us"

"Oh shit, I forgot about that part. But it would be fine because I'd be doing it with you" Will flashed a smile at Nico, his voice hinting with a little bit of humour in it.

Nico turned a bright shade of red, turning to face out of the window so Will couldn't see. They rode the rest of the way in a comfortable silence, Will singing along softly to the music he had playing in the car. His voice was nice to hear, it was deep and rich, Nico would have loved to hear him actually sing rather than under his breath.

Finally they pulled into the driveway of Percy's house, sprinting up to the door. It was 7:00, they were technically on time. However, when Percy finally got around to answering the door, it was 7:01. They were late.

"You're late" Percy said "Ironic that you're both late yet show up at the same time"

"Oh knock it off Percy, I drove him that's why" Nico loved hearing Will be stern with people. It was a change from his usual sunshiny demeanor.

"Ah ah ah, I don't care what caused you to be late. My party my rules. Now, its punishment time" He said, a mischievous grin taking over his face.

Will and Nico exchanged a look, following Percy into the house. The rest of their group was already waiting in a circle on the floor: Annabeth, Hazel, Frank, and Jason. Snacks were scattered across the floor already, playing cards also in an array.

"Well well well, if it isn't the two lovebirds" Annabeth smiled as she saw the two enter the room.

"Et tu brute!?" Nico cried dramatically while Percy smiled proudly. Gods, he was wearing off on his girlfriend too much.

"Well people, I think we have a punishment to create" Jason grinned, standing up to put his arms around the shoulders of Will and Nico. "What are we thinking, a dare, a game, a fight?"

"Hmmm, how 'bout we turn to the bowl of wonders?" Percy suggested.

"What the actual fuck is the bowl of wonders" Nico said, only causing Percy and Jason to laugh like madmen. He looked confusedly over at Will, who he was surprised to see looking horrified at the two. This can't be good.

"You see my friend, the bowl of wonders here contains slips of paper, each of which has a game or a dare that you must complete when drawn" Jason explained.

"I don't see what's so bad about that" Nico said, clearly still not grasping the concept. It was a bowl of dares, how bad could they possibly be.

"I know exactly what's bad about this" Will looked scared.

"Draw a paper Nico" Jason held out the bowl to Nico, who gently grabbed one of the slips out. Before he could open it to read it, Percy snatched it from his hands.

"OH NOW THIS IS GOING TO BE GOOD" He laughed excitedly. Jason fought it out of Percy's hands so he too could read it.

"Well what do you know" Jason smiled, turning to Will who was desperately trying to slip out of the room "You won't be needing to draw a slip of paper"

"And why's that?" Will asked, a hint of fear in his voice.

"Because we just got ourselves two players for 7 minutes in heaven"