Sleepover

Nico POV

"Stay the night" Will said.

"Wait really?" Nico asked incredulously, shocked by the request. Will solace, THE Will solace wanted him to spend the night.

"I mean yeah why not. It'll get you out of trouble probably, and I have a big enough bed so you can stay"

"I mean, let me ask my parents but ok" Nico tentatively said as he stepped out of the room to call his dad. As the phone rang, he couldn't help but wonder, why did Will ask him to spend the night? It's not like he would be into him that way. His whole life he had been running from the truth of what he was, and he was not about to slip up and be in danger of getting hurt again.

The line clicked, snapping Nico out of his thoughts.

"Hello, you've reached the voice mail of Hades. Unfortunately I am preoccupied at the moment so please-" Nico hung up with a sigh. He didn't know why he had expected his dad to pick up, ever since he had remarried Persephone, he hardly had time for him anymore. Before his mother died, they were the perfect family. A proud hardworking father, a loving stay at home mother, and two children, a perfect balance of their parents. The thought out what their family used to be like brought a bittersweet feeling to Nico, pushing him to the verge of tears. But he wiped his eyes and stepped back into the room.

"What did he say?" Will looked up from his spot on the bed hopefully.

"He didn't pick up, but I'm sure it'll be fine. It's not like he'll notice I'm gone anyways" Nico deadpanned as he climbed in to the bed, trying to put as much distance between himself and the blonde as possible.

Will looked over at him with sad eyes, "do you want to talk about it?"

"Not really, I just want to sleep"

"Well alright, goodnight then. I set an alarm so we don't miss school in the morning"

"Ok... thanks. I'll uh- I'll see you in the morning" Nico managed as he turned over. Will clicked off the lights and settled into the bed. Within a couple minutes, he was snoring softly.

Nico decided it was safe to roll over and he gazed at the boy in front of him. His face was relaxed, no smile lines crinkling at the corner of his eyes to brighten his reflection, but he was breathtaking nonetheless. Nico traced the freckles across the bridge of his nose with his eyes, admiring the constellation pattern it gave his face. His hair was tussled, beach blonde waves falling in compliment with his tanned complexion across his now closed eyes. Nico smiled and rolled over. He had no idea what he had done to get this lucky, but right now he was not complaining. As he closed his eyes, he drifted off into a peaceful dreamless sleep.