4

And just as I foretold, I came to our record label's headquarters, we were all sat in the lounge room, just scrolling on our phones until the Media Assistant barged in, hurriedly.

"Jang Haerin, where is she." He looked around the room, then finally locking eye contact with me. He swiftly came up to me, crouching down and showing me the articles on his iPad.

"Look. Look at this. Haerin, what are we actually going to do." He panicked, the girls came crowding around, reading the stuff on his iPad.

'JANG HAERIN, BLOOM, DATING SIM JAEYUN, ENHYPEN?'

'THE TRUTH BEHIND WHY JAKE GAVE HAERIN HIS HAT'

'WHAT IS REALLY BETWEEN ENHYPEN AND BLOOM?'

The list could go on, but one article in specific differed in wording from the rest of them.

'DID HAERIN GET PLASTIC SURGERY IN ORDER TO BECOME JAKE'S TYPE?'

I couldn't even believe what I was reading, first and foremost, I have never had any plastic surgery done. And even if I did, there'd be no problem with it.

But to get plastic surgery to fit into Jake's type? That was diabolical.

I gave a scoff, shaking my head at the dozens of articles being published by the seconds, pictures, videos, paragraphs, all spewing a bunch of nonsense.

I wasn't affiliated with Jake in any way at all, I had no connections with his members either, how did people manage to come to conclusions like this?

"Shit.. all because he protected her from an obsessive fan and gave her his hat?" Hana placed her hand over her lips, the five of us - six including the Media Assistant - speechless and unsure of what to do.

"What am I supposed to do against these articles?" I groaned, pushing the iPad away from me as I didn't want to see anymore.

"We have the Media team working on deleting those articles right now, but I'm not sure if they will all be completely gone, you know that the devil works hard, but the fans work harder, right?" He sighed, we were all basically hopeless.

"Hey, Haerin, start crying on an Instagram live, it'll get you sympathy." Mira nudged me, a small smirk across her face, I knew she was only saying this jokingly, but it didn't sound too bad of an idea.

"She's thinking about it." Hyera pointed at me as I smiled, we all gave a small, collective laugh.

"Haerin, don't listen to these maniacs. I'll be back soon." The assistant shook his head, storming out shortly after.

I gave an exasperated sigh, slouching on the chair and going on my social media platforms. I had posted the selfies prior to coming back to the headquarters.

I looked through the comments, and jesus christ, he was not joking. Fans of Enhypen had already swarmed in my comments, with hateful comments, spam of insults under almost every recent posts, even more hateful dms.

'HAERIN LEAVE JAKE ALONE'

'HE DOESN'T WANT A PLASTIC WHALE IN HIS LIFE'

'TALENTLESS, UGLY BITCH! LEAVE JAKE ALONE'

This was actually crazy, it baffled me. I had no idea what to do in this situation and even if I tried to deny any allegation held against me regarding Jake, people would probably still - think I was lying and persist with this hate train.

I shook my head lightly, just scrolling from the endless of hate comments. Some of them really hit hard, wow.

I wondered if Enhypen's team would even do anything about this, probably not, since it's not their members getting the hate.

I clicked onto Jake's personal Instagram, he had posted something to his story. I clicked on it, and I was a little astounded by what he had reposted.

It was a clip of us walking through the airport, the exact moment he took his hat off and gave it to me. The camera was mostly panned onto Jake, but you could still see me in the frame, and most importantly, the interaction between us was clear.

His eyes gazed down at me with a smile as he put the hat on me, and for a strange reason, my heart started beating a little faster. Did I really experience that? Or was it just a fragment of my imagination.

But then the next story appeared, and it was just a video of him thirst trapping in the back of a car. I chuckled, just looking at him ruffle his hair about fifteen times in one ten second clip.

Well, I definitely have to do something about these articles and all these hate comments.

The door swung open, our boss, Mingho walked in, with an unamused face written all over. The way he simply walked into our room, meant no good.

"Haerin, what the fuck is going on?" He held his hand in his hair, scrolling through his phone in a hurry.

"You think this is my fault?" I was in disbelief at his tone, thinking that I was the one who caused all of this?

"Shit man, alright, Haerin, I'm contacting Enhypen's manager right now, post a statement on your Instagram about how devastated you feel or something like that. Come on." Mingho told me, that's all he said before leaving the room.