40

He watched as I sat on a chair, moving it closer to him up until I was basically sat right beside him.

"What brings you here?" He had such a smirk on his face, just observing my face in this mild purple light.

My words seemed to fold over each other, and despite that my brain wanted to speak, my mouth refused to let any words out.

He just stared at me, tilting his head gently to the side as he waited.

"Uh.. did you know Jay and Taeri are together?" I randomly blurt out - completely not in the plan, but oh well.

Jake gave a chuckle, looking back at his monitor and clicking on a few things then and there.

"Of course I did, Jay's one of my closest friends in the band." Jake had a smile on his face, probably already knowing the real reason for me being here, "I remember him asking me how he should confess to her."

"Oh-! .. What did you say?" I was going completely against what I was originally here for, but I figured that eventually I'd find my way and tell him.

Jake turned his head, taking his hand off the keyboard and mouse, and just looked at me. Another small smile reached his face as his eyes trailed all over my face.

"I told him to simply just do it, what's he got to lose? They won't kick him out of the band - they can't possibly do that, fans would be setting things on fire." Jake spoke, not taking his eyes off me for a single second.

He turned back to face his monitors, continuing on working.

I pressed my lips together and looked down, damn it Haerin, why can't you just speak your mind?

The only thing heard in this room right now was the clicking and occasional typing of Jake's computer. Up until it stopped, and Jake turned to look at me again, with that same inquisitive expression on his face as before.

"Haerin." He spoke my name, and I looked up at him.

"Yeah?"

"What are you really here for?" Jake seemed to read the puzzled look on my face immediately, and he seemed to be able to decipher that I wanted to say something to him.

"Uh.. What do you mean..?" I gave a timid chuckle, my heart clanging at the ribs of my chest.

"I mean, surely you didn't just come in here to ask me about Jay and Taeri." Jake's lips raised, the sweet smile returning as usual.

"Well.." I gave another nervous chuckle, smiling out of pure awkwardness from my own self. He just stared at me, finding my shyness absolutely amusing.

"Hm? Go on, what is that you wanna tell me Haerin?" He leant back slightly on his chair, resting his hands behind his head for a brief second.

I rolled my eyes at his amusement, he clearly knew what I was going to tell him, but he just wanted to hear it come from me first.

"Oh come on. Don't you already know?" We both had smiles on our faces, see, he clearly knew.

"Know what?" Jake decided to play dumb, giving the widest grin on earth.

"Really Jake?" I rolled my eyes, with a small playful groan.

"I need the words Haerin." Jake chuckled, his face, although he looked tired, looked absolutely beautiful in the makeup-less state and in this low, purpleish lighting.

"Jake, I think I'm ready to be your girlfriend." Just saying those words made me want to scrunch myself up into a paper ball and throw myself in the trash.

Just as I thought his smile couldn't get wider, it did. His cheeks raised higher, smiling with such wholesomeness.

"You think? Or you know?" Jake clearly enjoyed this teasing and just wanted to make me feel even more flustered.

I stared at him seriously.

"Are you seriously gonna kee- you know wha- I know. I know Jake. I do." I couldn't stop my grin from peering out either, and after that confession, the nervous feeling dissipated into thin air.

"There we go. We got there in the end." He placed his hand over mine, the warmth from his hand covering my cold one.

"You really enjoyed that, huh? Didn't you? I could see it straight from your face." I complained jokingly, giving a slight pout as he laughed.

"You're cute when you're shy. I knew you were here to tell me that when you came in anyways." Jake shrugged, my cheeks were hurting from smiling so hard.

"God whatever, you're so annoying." I looked to the side, but my words contradicted my smile, there was no way I couldn't feel this excited when I'm literally officially dating Jake.

I looked back over at Jake, and he just gave a chuckle, observing my face for a short while.

He placed a palm on my cheek, pulling my face closer to his until our lips touched. A sweet and loving kiss.

As the two of us pulled away, Jake spoke.

"Our first kiss as a couple, can you believe it took that long?" Jake chuckled, turning back to his computer as I just gave a light laugh.