14

I stood upright, in a panicked frenzy. Just frozen as the door opened, Jake gently looking through a small gap of the door.

I gave a nervous smile, just wondering what he wanted at this moment.

His eyes dart around my room, then to the trash can full of tissue paper. Surely, he wouldn't suspect anything.

"..How can I help you.." I stared at him, very confused to why he was here.

"Hm, not much." His eyes stared around the room a little more, "Do you want Yeong?"

I thought for a while, my heart silently beating quickly against my chest, thinking that I got caught and that he'd be mad at me for throwing away his cheesecake.

"Uh, I guess he can stay with you for tonight, he seems to like it there better anyways." I rolled my eyes, mumbling the last part to myself as he gave a scoff.

"Alright, I'm gonna be up producing some songs, let me know if you need anything." Jake flashed a small smile as I gave a brief nod. And with that, he closed the door, I let out the largest exhale of relief ever.

Damn, now imagine if he came in a few seconds prior.

The rain continuously crashed down, even a few hours later, during the deep, long nights. I thought it would've stopped by now, but clearly, the world has been angered by something.

I stared out of my window, watching as the quiet was disturbed by the crashing of thunder and the pellets of rain. It was pretty soothing in a way.

I lay back, throwing my head onto the pillow and staring at the ceiling. I wasn't sure what led me to this moment, that I was sharing a place with members of Enhypen, and that my neighbour was Jake himself.

I didn't know whether that was good luck or bad luck in this moment.

I scrolled on my phone, it was two in the morning, and as expected, everybody was asleep. I thought they were anyways.

The first episode of the show had aired, titled, 'MOVING DAY'.

I chuckled, looking at the super exaggerated thumbnail with a sticker of Yeong in the corner and then a bunch of more stickers.

Nonetheless, I decided to see how they edited the first episode, would it make my life worse? Or what.

And just as I expected, it was definitely going to make my life worse.

During the cooking scene, the moment between me and Jake went on for about twenty minutes, with a series of effects and stupid 'romantic' music. Goddamn you editing crew, you really know how to completely cause my career to crash down.

Not only that, text was added between every scene with me and Jake included. As he brought the spoonful of mousse up to my mouth, a bubbly caption beneath stated,

'TWO OF THE MEMBERS ALREADY SEEM INTERESTED INTO EACHOTHER' 

I gave a sigh, shutting my phone after seeing that, it could only get worse from there - considering I was running around the place like a lunatic looking for Yeong, and then stumbled into Jake's room with that camera man.

I think for my own sanity, it'd be better for me to just not watch it.

I felt completely hopeless, there was no coming back from this at all. I stood up, heading quietly out of my room and towards the kitchen of the place, I was so fucking hungry and despite the diet I had to be on, it was late at night, cravings were at an all time high and thinking about all the food I wanted, made me so hungry.

I made my way over, opening the fridge and seeing some really good food in the fridge, same with the cabinets. There was a layered crepe cake in the fridge, a slice or two maybe cut out, I took it out, placing it on the counter and stared at it.

Was this really gonna be worth eating?

The growling of my stomach told me all I needed to know, and the temptation of this beautiful thing in front of me reinforced that. But just as I brought my hand up to get a knife, I had to think of the calories, and how many days of exercise and restriction it'd cost me.

Quietly, I blew raspberries, conflicted with my own thoughts right now. There was no way I could eat this, it just simply wouldn't be worth it.

So, defeated and annoyed, I placed the cake back into the fridge, shutting it with a louder slam than intended.

"Fuck idol life." I gave a breathy sigh, stood there in the dark, hungry and bitter. I guess tomorrow I'd be grateful I didn't eat this.

After all, the guilt after eating is worse than any other feeling.

"What makes you say that?"