43

Without even a second thought, I head straight to the entertainment building, fortunately, there weren't people outside of Jake's house.

But even so, one thing was for sure, I was definitely not going to be able to see Jake anymore.

I dread the walk towards Mingho's office, I felt as if falling down twelve flights of stairs would be a better destiny, but nonetheless, I dragged my feet towards that forsaken place.

I was all alone, my members had no involvement in this, so they weren't here. Although, I was wondering how Jay and Taeri were, now that this news about me and Jake had gone public.

I hope they're keeping things extra careful over there now.

I knocked on the door, even the knock sounded depressed. I opened it, and there Mingho was, sat at his desk, his face was clearly frustrated and annoyed, but he tried his best to dial it back.

I sat before him, the silence between us made me literally wish that the building could just cave in right now.

"Jang Haerin." He gave a very exasperated sigh, tapping his pen on the desk repeatedly, "What do I do with you."

I looked to my lap, this guy was rather unpredictable, so I was just bracing myself for absolutely anything at this moment.

"BLOOM's Jang Haerin, caught with Sim Jaeyun from Enhypen, Leaked photos of Jang Haerin and Sim Jaeyun together, I could go on." Mingho began listing article headlines, and I just clenched my teeth together.

"Tell me, how do you explain this?" Mingho clicked his pen for the final time, looking at me intently as I stared at him back.

I pressed my lips tightly, wondering if I should just apologise or what.

"I'm a person too Mingho, I can't live alone for the rest of my life." My words ended up being quite the opposite of an apology, and Mingho just gave a scoff.

"I know you're a person Haerin. But at the moment, you're the most top rated idols in Korea, and this scandal? This will bring us as a company down, because unhappy little fans, will sit at their computers and complain that you shouldn't be dating Jake, or that Jake shouldn't be dating you." He pointed the pen to me rather menacingly.

To be honest, the approach he was taking right now, was a lot calmer than I expected him to give. I would've thought that chairs would've been thrown across rooms by now.

"I can't just leave him." I stared at Mingho, hoping that maybe he'd feel a little bit of sympathy for me and at least let me see Jake still, just very secretly.

"Well looks like you're going to have to find a way to. Haerin, you can date all you want as soon as your idol days are over, but meanwhile - can you not ruin your own reputation??" Mingho was just being very condescending, and all I could do was sigh.

"Okay. What do I need to do now then." I gave in, there's no chance in me winning against Mingho. That guy basically made us, whatever he says, goes.

"Break it off with Jake. I do not wish for you to see him, regardless of whether it's behind closed doors or not. I don't want text messages, calls, letters even. Nothing. No contact." Mingho began, and already, I could feel the heartache coming, "Then, let's see."

He scrolled through his computer for a little while.

"Release a statement on your main Instagram account, the management will release a statement too. I want you to deny allegations of dating, and say that you were nothing but friends, and that the reason you were at his house was because you were working on music together." Mingho added and if I only thought it couldn't get worse, it did.

"And also, if you know of any of your members that have secret relationships - like I hear that there was something with Jay and Taeri on that show - then tell them to break it off too. It'd be a shame to have to release two allegation statements in a month." Mingho concluded his rant, and clearly he didn't care about the fact we were getting into relationships, but it was the sole fact it was 'ruining' our reputation.

As much as I wanted to say something against him, I just kept it to myself, nodded and head out. There were so many words I could say to his face, I could even threaten to quit, but I didn't.

I reached for my phone, texting Jake. It killed me inside having to send the next messages, but if I didn't, my whole career was on the line, and I worked too hard for it to be ruined.

haerin: jake

haerin: im sorry

haerin: management said that i cant contact you anymore

haerin: ill get my stuff later

jake: are you fucking kidding me?

jake: haerin this isn't fair