12

I looked everywhere in my room, nothing, then moved to the bathroom beside my room, still nothing.

Then, I walked into Jake's room.

And there laid a ball of fur, scrunched up tightly into a ball on the foot of his bed. I felt as if my heart was about to give up and I'd end up in cardiac arrest.

It was the most overwhelming swoon of relief I have ever experienced, seeing him peacefully resting in his room. I ran up beside him, falling onto Jake's bed, staring up at the ceiling as I caught my breath.

He crawled onto my chest, then proceeded to lay on my stomach. All my clothes were soaked, but he still found comfort laying on me. His warmth and weight brought me so much relief, like seriously, the panic I had before, was nothing compared to the solace I had now.

All the weight had lifted off me mentally, I stroked him gently, while still on the verge of passing out on this bed, right here right now.

Jake leant against the door to the bathroom, staring me down with a small smile. He grabbed a towel from one of the cabinets in there, sitting beside me on the bed as I closed my eyes for a second.

"God, why didn't you tell me he was here." I placed my palm on my forehead, slowly sitting up and relocating Yeong on my lap.

I turned to look at Jake, big mistake, his eyes glittered and his smile was still as sweet as usual. This guy was eye candy in the form of life.

He gave a light chuckle, which I just stared at, he was so effortless in looking good. Even when he was staring elsewhere, and talking about something, he was just so dreamy. I could completely see why people would not want me to speak to such a heavenly guy like him.

I mean, like, come on. This is the Sim Jaeyun.

I'm not surprised people want him for themselves. I would too if I was able to.

"I tried, but you ran off so quickly that I couldn't even say a single letter." Jake stared at my face, eyes darting to my eyes, nose and lips, then back up to my eyes. I was probably soaked with water all over my face, I could feel the individual droplets running down my face.

And he still stared at me, admiringly, with a creeping smile forming on his face.

Of course, the moment was interrupted by the camera guy accidentally moving into a drawer, which caused a little bit of noise. I almost forgot that we were being filmed in this house.

The two of us looked away from each other, Jake cleared his throat and I pat Yeong on my lap. I moved him to the side of the bed as Jake handed me a towel.

I was probably just gonna take a shower anyways.

The thunder and lightning persisted, like I said, it probably had no intention of stopping. The camera man eventually left, as you could only film the same people, doing nothing too exciting, for so long.

"Thank god he left. I was just waiting for him to go." Jake chuckled, standing up from the bed and going towards his bedside table, pulling something from it.

"I know right, it's so frustrating being followed with a fucking camera everywhere. I'm surprised they haven't filmed me peeing in the morning yet." I rolled my eyes, tracing my fingers lightly through Yeong's fur.

That guy was enjoying his life, he had no stress at all, and I was here on the verge of cardiac arrest.

A faint laugh left Jake's lips as he approached me with a box, it was just a white box. He sat beside me, opening the top and revealing a slice of his cheesecake he made prior.

I looked up at him as he looked at me. Again, big mistake. We just stared at each other in silence for a good few seconds, his eyes sparkled, and cheeks raised slightly as a wholesome smile painted his pink lips.

I abruptly cleared my throat quietly, looking down back at the box.

"I want to see you try it." Jake told me, handing over the box with the slice of cheesecake in.

I gave a small chuckle, he was so cute. Even behind cameras, he was such an angel. I would've expected a big group, like his, to be so narcissistic and entitled behind the scenes, but from what I've experienced so far? The polar opposite.

"You know I can't, I have a strict diet I have to follow." I tried to push the box back into his hands, but he grabbed the box, his hand overlapping mine and pushed it back towards me.

I don't know, something about the feeling of his hand over mine, just kind of sent me into a daze. Damn, as an idol, you seriously go crazy over the smallest amount of affection from the opposite gender.

"Fuck those diets man, I hid it just so you would be able to eat without your boss seeing, come on, now if that's not dedication." Jake rolled his eyes, pretending to be offended over my denial.

"Alright, fine, I'll try it after I shower." I gave an inaudible sigh, looking at the white box in my hand as I stood up, "Take care of Yeong while I'm in the bathroom."

He gave a nod, a very pleased smile on his face.