17

Currently, the camera crew was filming us.

It was a while in the afternoon, and both me and Jake were in the recording studio, we were planning on finishing the soundtrack for the film, and after countless of discussions, lyrics, rhythm changes and so on, we finally settled on one.

It was a very sweet yet sour song, one that was sad, but also wasn't. Singing with Jake on this seemed otherworldly.

"Alright, you ready?" Jake looked at me as I gave a smile, there was no better happiness for me than singing and recording.

"Always."

And, after the countdown, the song began, and I began my part.

J.HAERIN: "Will I see you again?
I'm standing in front of destiny
That has passed me by again
Was it a dream that we couldn't wake from?
You're getting farther away and I couldn't tell you
Not even once
I love you"

And after a short while, Jake and I had a duet part, where some parts I did, then his overlapped.

J. HAERIN: "(I don't wanna lose you
Be without you
Anymore)"
S. JAEYUN: "I thought hard but I don't know
How to live without you"
J. HAERIN: "(I don't wanna lose you
Be without you
Anymore)"

Finally, the song finished, and I'm pretty sure that was the best recording done. I was excited, ready to hear how it sounded. The soft rap from Jake, and the sweetness of my mellow verses, the song just sounded so pretty.

We listened over and Jake was nodding his head, a huge smile on his face.

"That sounds amazing, I knew something was missing, I didn't know it'd be you." Jake turned his head to gaze at me, and I could feel that familiar feeling thumping in my heart and frontflipping in my stomach.

I gave a meek, nervous chuckle, flipping some hair over my shoulder as I turned to face him, his eyes still trailing all over my face with such adoration.

"Alright wow, I'm nothing amazing you don't need to say stuff like that." I gave a very brief laugh as his pink lips curved upwards, smiling at me.

"I'm gonna send this to the company, they'll love it." Jake spoke as I nodded, giving a quick breath out from the tension.

He sent the file with the song in it, and it didn't even take longer than an hour for a reply. Jake immediately looking at the email back, I nervously waited, not really wanting to know the reply, but also curious than ever.

A few chuckles emit from his lips, and to be frank, I couldn't tell if he was irritated or happy. He spun around his chair, beckoning me to come closer to look at the email.

I walked over, crouching down to look at the monitor. Before I could even do so, Jake pulled me back, situating me on his lap as I read the email.

Despite trying to read the email, I literally could not. I was holding my breath being sat on his lap, if there were a camera crew in here, this most definitely get me death threats.

I swallowed hard, this feeling in my stomach bubbling and overflowing. But I got a grasp of myself, this is nothing big, people sit on each other's lap casually, this is nothing.

I read the email finally, my eyes catching to one of the last few sentences in the paragraph.

'This song is so beautiful, thank you so much. Additionally, who is the girl who sings with you? She has such an angelic voice, I would need her on many more songs with you.'

I chuckled, feeling the biggest ego boost ever.

"See that, they said they need me with you more." Jake gave a proud chuckle, and once again, the wording of his words caught me off guard, making me swallow a hard gathering of butterflies.

I don't know whether he was doing this on purpose to make me feel nervous or what, but one thing for sure, was that it was definitely working on me.

I guess this is what they call the Jake Effect.

"Yeah right, are you sure they just don't want me?" I stood up from his lap, that overwhelming feeling of fluster crashing back down on me again.

For some reason this guy just made me lose my mind every passing day. I think I could see for sure, why people thought we were dating now.

"Pfft, as if." Jake decided to become a little bit of a tease, I spun around, glaring at him after he said that. A smirk on his lips grew as he watched me stare at him.

Damn this tension.

"What?" I raised a brow, in disbelief.

"Huh? Nothing." He looked around innocently. I rolled my eyes, giving a small chuckle at him.

I sat down on one of the seats in the studio, scrolling on my phone until a large groan came from him. I looked up from my phone.

He slid down his chair a little, manspreading and on his phone. His other hand was near his groin, clearly, this man had no idea how fine he looked right now.

He ran his fingers through his hair. Even finer.

And then he looked up towards me, staring at him with zero thought in mind, whoops.

I looked away in an instant.

--

UGH GUYS IM STRUGGLING TO THINK OF WAYS TO PROGRESS THE STORY 

if you have any suggestions please let me know!! i do have one plot but i cant use it right now because its too early in the story LMAO UGH

update prob sooooon