42

Instead of peacefully waking up by myself, I was awoken by a consistent series of phone calls.

Jake let out a groan from beside me, lifting his head up as I grabbed my phone from the side drowsily.

It was from one of my band members, Hana. I furrowed my brows slightly, wondering what the urgency was to call me repeatedly at 10am.

I picked up, turning over to face Jake, who just shut his eyes again, peacefully falling asleep. I gently rubbed his head with my hand.

"Haerin. Haerin. Haerin. Where are you right now? Haerin, Mingho is about to go feral." Hana immediately exclaimed from the phone.

I had a sudden feeling of dread conquer me.

"Uh, at Jake's, why?" I sounded a little unsure, and felt unsure too.

"Holy shit, Haerin, do not move from there. Haerin, check what I sent you." Hana spoke with such panic that I was confused, what the hell was going on?

I swiped to Hana's contact, clicking on our chats and seeing the following attachments she had sent.

My eyes widened, just seeing the head titles, pictures, and all of the news articles.

"Shit." I muttered to myself.

'BLOOM'S JANG HAERIN IS CONFIRMED TO BE DATING ENHYPEN'S SIM JAEYUN'

'BREAKING: JANG HAERIN IS RUMOURED TO BE DATING JAKE SIM'

And there were so many more, even going onto search for the articles myself, there were dozens, dozens upon dozens. I head on every social media platform I had, and there were the exact same topics replicated just in different words.

In majority of the articles, some photos were attached. Some were from the reality show, depicting some scenes with me and Jake that could have been considered flirtatious.

But most importantly, there were attached photos of us two on a walk, me leaving his house and returning.

My jaw dropped, and I sat up in an instant, fuck.

"Haerin, I think they're gonna be outside of Jake's place, I'm telling you - do not move." Hana warned as I just rubbed my face in stress.

Mingho is going to set me on fire.

"Shit Hana, what the hell am I supposed to do?" I stood up from the bed, heading out of the room so I wouldn't bother Jake's sleep too much.

I wandered around the house, just in a daze of panic and stress. Articles were absolutely everywhere, and as Taeri stated, the hate was inevitable.

Surprisingly, most people were pretty supportive of it, but then of course, came the handful of unhappy comments - people either angry at Jake for being with me, or angry at me for being with Jake.

Despite most people seemed pretty happy with the news, Mingho will give me hell regardless if everybody was supportive or not. This was strictly forbidden, and was clearly declared.

A sleepy Jake suddenly came out of the room, heading over towards me and hugging me from behind. He placed his head on my shoulder, probably still tired.

"What's going on??" Jake was in a haze, half between sleep and the other half, awake.

"Fuuuuck." I pressed my hand over my forehead as I hung up the phone, walking around the room until I stood by the window, looking out into the view.

Jake came from beside me, standing next to me and looking at me in confusion. He had seemed to finally wake up a little more.

"Haerin? What happened??" Jake inquired once again as I looked at him, worried.

"Here, take a look. Jake, we're fucked." I panicked, showing him the thousands of articles on my phone listing statements on me and him along with several photos.

He took ahold of my phone, scrolling through a few. He furrowed his brows lightly before handing my phone back to me.

"So, someone was actually calling your name yesterday." Jake gave a large sigh, staring out of the windows too as a sullen atmosphere was created between the two of us.

I think even Jake realised there was nothing we could do about this.

"Jake, we're actually fucked." I complained, pressing my hands against my cheeks. I reckon I'd be getting grey hair soon enough from the amount of stress racking up in my veins.

Jake took my hands off my face, holding my hands and staring down at me. He then proceeded to wrap his arms around me and give me a quick kiss on my forehead.

"It'll be fine, Haerin, we'll be fine." Jake tried to comfort me, but I just couldn't believe his words. Solely, because it sounded like he didn't believe his own words.

Just as he finished his sentence, my phone rang again, and this time, a dread sank completely through my body.

I picked the call up from Mingho, already fearing the worst. Jake watched in silent as I put him on speaker.

"Are the articles true?" Mingho didn't even start with a hello, or my name, he just got straight to the point.

"Mingho, I didn't expect this to happe-" I tried to explain myself, but nevermind.

"Haerin, wherever you are. I need you to come to the company building." He gave a disappointed sigh, "And, you must break up with Jake."

Jake looked at me, as I did too, the two of us shared the exact same emotions.