33

"No seriously, who do you think is nicknamed Sparkling?" Jay inquired, thinking hard and looking at the members in the other group.

"Haerin." Jake calmly responded. He was right, but the collectiveness of his words, along with how quick he came to his conclusion, took me aback.

"Haerin?" Jay observed my face for a good while, tilting his head to the side, "Hm, you aren't just saying this because she's your favourite, right?" Jay added, and I shot my head to look at Jake.

Jake gave a small laugh as Taeri looked at him the exact same way as I did, confused and shocked.

"Of course not, Mingho once said he needed more of the 'Sparkling Haerin' during a break in the shoot, so." Jake shrugged and Taeri nudged me secretively.

I turned my head slowly to look at her, wishing I could talk.

But without even speaking, I could hear what she was saying solely through her eyes.

'Hey. Jake is definitely into you, if you don't make your move, I will.'

I shot her a glance back, widening my eyes for a second.

'Mingho is going to beat my ass.'

She rolled her eyes, but before we could communicate, the staff cut us all off.

"Answers up!" He said, and we all lift our boards up, he read them and gently furrowed his brows.

"Alright, so, Group A and Group C, you two are correct! Unfortunately, group B, the answer was Haerin." The members in group B groaned, arguing with each other.

"Sparkling Haerin? What kind of nickname is that." Jake scoffed, no longer being his sweet self, but instead thinking he was so funny.

I flashed him a nasty glare, to which he just found amusing.

"Better than whatever nicknames you have, I bet." I retort, before he could say anything, the next question came up.

"As voted, two members on this show have the most chemistry - who are these two members." The question made my heart incline once more, knowing fine well the answer was gonna be me and Jake.

I looked anywhere but the direction of Jake, and he was silent too - for a change. I made the mistake of looking over at him, but to my surprise, he was already staring at me, a small smirk written onto his lips.

I looked away immediately, pretending as if I had no idea what the answer to this question was.

"Most chemistry? What?" Taeri furrowed her brows, in a deep state of thought.

I could still feel his fixated gaze onto me, and as much as I tried to avoid it, it seemed impossible.

"Oh come on, this is obvious too." Jay groaned, seriously fed up with us acting so clueless.

Taeri glanced over at Jay, annoyed.

"Obvious? Obvious?? Who is it then genius?" Taeri crossed her arms, bickering with Jay for the seventieth time today.

"I'm not gonna say, just because you'll start crying and throwing a fit." Jay scoffed, and I looked over at Jake who just looked at me, equally confused to what Jay was getting at.

"We are a literal team Jay, the entire point of the game is to make sure our team wins, do you want to sit in a sauna in fluffy jackets??" Taeri argued back, very good points in her defense.

"At this point, I'd rather than sit in a spa with you. Jesus, how do your members put up with you." Jay muttered very audibly, to which Taeri huffed in annoyance.

"Oh you better run as soon as this episode ends." Taeri warned Jay, at this point, I had no idea if she was joking or not - but either way, if I was Jay, I would've excused myself to the bathroom immediately.

While the two were arguing back and forth, I snapped my attention back to Jake, who simply picked up the pen silently, and wrote on the board.

Q: Which two members have the most chemistry?

A: Jake and Haerin

I looked at his answer, and that familiar pounding in my heart came back to me once more. I slowly turned my head to look at him, his eyes glistening into mine.

"What? Do you think different?" His lips curved upwards into a smirk, knowing fine well he was right and I had nothing to say against this.

Simply, I rolled my eyes, acting as if I was unphased by this and the internal state of my stomach wasn't in lovestruck knots.

The staff called for the boards to come up, and Jay and Taeri finally stopped arguing, looking panicked at the board because they thought there was no answer.

"Fuck, we've definitely lost this round." Jay groaned as Jake lift the board up for the staff to read.

"Oh? Interesting combination of answers we have here." He chuckled, scribbling something on his paper with the team points, "I can say proudly, the duo with the most chemistry, is in fact - Jake and Haerin."

I felt the eyes and heads turn to look at me, and instead, I just acted as if I didn't have a clue what was going on.

Taeri looked over at Jay.

"Who the hell were you talking about then? If not Haerin and Jake?" Taeri asked, confused. Me and Jake looked over at Jay, equally as perplexed.

Looks like someone has developed a little crush on Taeri.

--

SORRY FOR LACK OF UPDATES

FINAL EXAMS IN MAY THROUGH JUNE AND IM PARANOID ABOUT THEM LOL SO I DONT HAVE MUCH TIME TO UPDATE - AND IDEAS ARE SLOW, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO CONTINUE THIS ON SO IM JUST LITERALLY DIGGING OUT PLOT IDEAS 

UPDATE SOON (MAYBE???)

LOVE U ALL THANK U <3

SEE U SOON

koifiished