Chapter 4: Percy

Chapter 3: Percy

Chapter 3: Percy

"From strangers to friends,
friends into lovers,
and strangers again?"
Celeste

There was an ominous aura that came upon Penelope Silverthorn as she walked down those spiral moving staircases that very morning, And no, it wasn't the annoying poltergeist, Peeves, that was interrogating the first year students from the upper floor above; she did not miss that.

But there were so many things distracting Penelope's mind already, she couldn't determine the differences between the feel of reality and the past.

Luna's paws clicked along the grand entrance halls as Penelope stepped down from the stairs. She followed along as groups of students became intrigued with the giant dog, petting it along the way.

The walk entering the Great Hall wasn't as intimidating as expected. The Slytherin in Penelope never left her body, so making herself known in that giant room while people stared at her and the dog wasn't nerve-wracking.

Or maybe, it was because Sebastian Sallow hadn't been sitting at the main table yet, nor his partner. Things were at ease for just a few minutes.

Penelope clenched her jaw for a split second when faint whistles of a few older students came at her. The Gryffindor and Slytherin boys attempted to get her attention as she shook her head at the disrespect and walked up the steps.

She stood confused, not knowing what chair belonged to her. It was like the fifth year all over again for her, but adult version.

"Ah! I figured I'll see your special face once again." A light voice complimented from behind.

Penelope turned, taking sight of an old professor, Mirabel Garlick.

It was as if she had gone back in time. The muggle-born witch still held her iconic green attire and giant hat that was often made fun of. Though now, her soft pale face contained a few wrinkles, but for eight years, Mirabel Garlick had aged well.

"I—Professor Garlick!" Penelope smiled, as if it was obvious Herbology was the one class she liked the least, let alone, almost failed, "It's a pleasure to see you."

Within the chit-chat with the Herbology instructor, Penelope was guided to have a seat after her. She sat next to another unknown professor and an empty seat was on her left before Mirabel Garlick sat after.

Penelope's fingers wiggled a little under her seat as Sebastian Sallow entered the Great Hall by himself. You can see his distracting smile come in place as he waved at certain students and approached the main table.

Penelope kept her head down as he got closer, not wanting to witness any more eye contact from the awkward presence, but she did wonder why he hadn't entered beside his fiancee, Cecil Greengrass.