Chapter 21 1/2: Expect The Unexpected

© Tumblr | dvinaamesca

Chapter 21 1/2: Expect The Unexpected

Standing tall in that very corner of the gray dull walls was the one that held the Undercroft's legacy. His figure expressed such a muted stance and his posture of maturity bloomed beyond the years that passed.

Ominis Gaunt didn't need to express anything behind that structured face that had weathered throughout the last eight years. He was a mature man. The strands of golden hair framed his twenty six year old face as his gaze was steady and unwavering.

Penelope Silverthorn became drawn at the unexpected presence of Ominis Gaunt. As if, not seeing Sebastian Sallow for eight years was enough of a weight already, seeing Ominis was less dramatic.

Penelope's feet echoed below those rusty floors as she grew near the furrowed tall man and parted her lips.

"O-Ominis?!" Penelope gasped out, in denial that he was there, "Ominis Gaunt?"

Ominis held a bewildered look upon hearing the familiar voice; he had predicted it might've been her, but reassurance was well needed for the friendship.

Ominis kept his arms crossed, his back not wanting to lean on those walls knowing that they were possibly dusty from years of abandonment, so instead he cleared his throat and spoke firmly.

"Pen?" Ominis gave out with a blend of coldness, but surprise, "Penelope Silverthorn?"

Penelope interacting with Ominis Gaunt for the very first time in years was a different approach than others. They were in the same house after all, and although they didn't grow well when they first met, they eventually stood close.

Penelope gulped, hoping that, maybe, this one wouldn't take her visit harshly; she was afraid Ominis would bicker at her, but she took the risk.

Penelope's fingers raised, "How many fingers am I holding?"

...

"Oh, Ominis!"

Ominis Gaunt gave out a sigh as the fifth year boy tried to nap comfortably over that leather green sofa in the common room.

"For Merlin's sake," Ominis said beneath his breath at Penelope Silverthorn's approach.

Fifth year Penelope scoffed at the reaction from the blonde boy, and rolled her eyes, "I heard that."

"Good."

"Anyways," Penelope set a parchment paper aside and sat on the arm of the sofa, giving Ominis space knowing he didn't like closeness, "I need your help."