Chapter 5: P.S (P.S)

"Oh, how lovely it is to see you, again." Poppy Sweeting closed her eyes in the embrace.

Penelope Silverthorn hugged her old Hogwarts friend tightly, her eyes also closing as she was glad Poppy had come to the rescue. She always did.

"You have no idea how glad I am that you are here." Penelope let out.

Penelope did mean the words behind that sentence. Poppy might've thought it was a kind gesture after years of no contact, but Penelope meant it; with the current trouble present in that castle, having a friend around would be a certain escape.

As they let go, Penelope sighed, stepping back and taking a closer look at Poppy Sweeting. The once, sweet-innocent Hufflepuff girl shining into a brighter and more matured woman.

"Your hair..."

Poppy Sweeting side-swept her long, dark-brown shiny hair and gave a slight smile, touching her ends.

"Oh, yeah. It took years of growth, and lots of fighting to not cut it anymore, but...but...things changed throughout the years."

Things changed throughout the years.

The saying haunted Penelope's conscious. The tone of Sebastian Sallow telling her a day prior recalled back over and for a moment, she slumped.

"Pen?"

Penelope came off her haunting daze at the name call-out and blinked twice, bringing her gaze to Poppy.

"Are you alright?" Poppy asked her, her thin brows expressing a concern from the thoughts.

Penelope pressed her lips together and nodded, "I—yes, yes. Sorry, it's just been an overwhelming return. Come in, Poppy." She gestured, closing the door behind them.

As Poppy Sweeting entered the faculty bedroom, her hands stayed behind her lower back as she admired Penelope's stay.

"I had imagined more enthusiasm from you at the return," Poppy joked, her brown low-heels stepping onto the wooden floor as she turned to Penelope, her long skirt flowing, "But then again, you are a Slytherin."

Penelope crossed her warm cardigan she had slipped on for the afternoon and gave a smile, looking down from the humor.

"Don't underestimate the Slytherins, Poppy. We have feelings and emotions too." Penelope rolled her eyes as she kept her arms crossed.

Poppy let out a contagious giggle, the positive aura in her never leaving.

Penelope wondered what it was like being like her friend. Always positive, even after years. Was this how life was staying? Positivity. Perhaps, she was speaking too soon.