Chapter 9: Cecil's Red Flags

"She's so much older than me,
she's everything I'm insecure about,"
Olivia Rodrigo

"The Wizarding World..." The ghost of Eleazar Fig haunted over the night terror, "is in danger."

Penelope Silverthorn let out a loud intake of breath over her faculty bedroom three days later.

It was early morning, the sky over the dark windows was a mixture of purple and blue as the sun was barely peaking down the mountains of the castle.

The consecutive night sweats, terrors, and throat closes were beginning to bother her. Ever since arriving, her nights have been brutal. If anything, everything has been brutal.

Penelope saw no sleep after the dusky memory, so she took the rest of the early house of sunrise to gather any information she's learned from the curse case at the Library Annex.

Her handwriting now mixed over Sebastian Sallow's on that brown journal in the library. Sebastian had given access to her for note-taking, and Penelope took advantage.

Penelope never interacted with the professor after visiting St. Mungos last Friday. And there was no need to unless it was work ethic. Breakfast and dinner were the only sights, but she avoided to even glance.

+ Connectable night terrors with all victims
+ Curse
+ Ancient magic is the root

As Penelope wrote, she would flip the pages, reflecting alongside the notes Sebastian had in the past.

Her eyes squinted as she saw various drawings of the ancient magic symbol near the end of the pages. His theory wanting to be proven right, but no evidence backing it up.

Penelope was intrigued by how careful Sebastian took his time drawing the symbols and numbers. His art style was always seemingly pretty without even making the effort to try.

She had questions. So many questions. There was an urge to push the past aside between them and speak to him in a professional manner, as they were expected to, but it was so challenging.

"Ah, Miss Silverthorn," The voice of Agnes Scribner throbbed over the distance.

Penelope Silverthorn felt triggered by the old lady's voice; the memories of getting into trouble with Sebastian Sallow in the early years of Hogwarts were engraved over her. And to have Scriber still be on two feet after years was bizarre.

"Oh, Madam Scribner...uh, good morning." Penelope let out, the inner-girl voice lingering as she felt like a student.

But she was no longer a student. She was an important faculty member at Hogwarts who had every right to access the castle's locations anywhere at any time. No troubles. No nothing.