Chapter 7: Pen, Get It?

Chapter 7: Pen, Get it?

Dinner time strolled around rather quickly for Penelope Silverthorn. Her eyes were entirely fixated on the leather journal given by Sebastian Sallow that her time was wasted over the day.

"Ah, Pen! I was hoping to reach you halfway." Poppy Sweeting's voice reached out a little after the moving stairs.

Penelope turned her head, meeting Poppy near the Entrance Hall and giving off a faint smile, the journal in her sides being clutched more than usual.

"Oh, hey Poppy. And yeah, I figured I should be more on time when it came to dinner time. To avoid...you know, student jam." Penelope joked as they walked.

"Understandable," Poppy kept the contagious grin on her face, her eyes landing over Penelope's arms, "Oh, taking notes?"

Penelope looked down with an uneasy laugh, beginning to realize that having the journal in an open space wouldn't have been a good idea.

With a flick of a wand, the journal poof away into the pocket of her jacket and the journal curiosity ended right there.

"Oh, yeah," Penelope flushed, "Should've left it in the room."

Penelope worried that her own close friend would be able to uncover the expressions behind the truth, but Poppy gave a nodding gesture and entered the Great Hall.

Sebastian Sallow's pinky wiggled at the end of his food plate. His eyes lowered over the mashed potatoes below him as the other hand clutched onto the unmoved fork.

"Are you even listening to me?" Cecil Greengrass fussed beside him.

Professor Sallow was known to have a mind of his own. A little creative world that skulked over his conscious. It wasn't on purpose, but when he was disinterested, he'll fidget. Some students would take advantage of this and chatter until he came back to reality.

"Did know you she pierced out that monstrous goblin in year 90?"

"Bloody hell, I believe she was my first crush when I was like nine."

Sebastian's eyes gawked up at the conversation between two Ravenclaw boys at the far end table. They seemed to be in their last year and Sebastian could detect it was the most obnoxious pair from his fifth class.

"Merlin, the dreams I'll have while Miss S. is around."

The hazel eyes stalled from the seventh year boys, tracking their distraction before they found a target.

Penelope Silverthorn entered the Great Hall slowly. Her eyes disoriented as she struggled; the attention being given to her from the return.

Sebastian didn't blame the students. Even if he wanted to get them in trouble, there was this source of luck he felt within him that there was a lifetime where he acted just like them too.