Chapter 22: Missed Me, Britain?

"He could be a trophy
of a one night stand."
Sam Smith 

Well, shit. Was all Penelope Silverthorn could think to herself that afternoon standing upon the American man in front of her.

Penelope gave out a half-gasp as she heard footsteps over the Faculty Tower's floor and quickly opened her bedroom door, dragging Joshua Rogers with her; as if she were afraid to be seen with him.

"Whoa," Joshua emitted a chuckle at the quick actions, but Penelope began to pace from the presence.

"What are you doing, Josh?" Penelope asked breathlessly, closing the door and adjusting the reality.

Joshua's blue eyes admired the faculty bedroom of Penelope and kept a smile, almost wanting to ignore what she said.

"As I recall," Joshua crossed his arms, walking around her on that wooden floor, "I got your letter."

"S-So," Penelope stuttered in a low tone as she was in denial over the visit. Her finger tucking a hair behind her ear as she spoke, "You just bloody packed your bags and came like nothing?"

Joshua Rogers stopped his walk in the room, furrowing his black brows and side-eyeing the woman with a tilt, "Well, yes?"

"Merlin," Penelope whispered to herself from the overwhelming day, thinking about how nowhere in the owl she mentioned to Joshua Rogers that he should visit.

"Huh, look at that," Joshua gave a cocky smirk, raising his arm and elbowing Penelope, "The British is coming out of you." He teased.

And there it was. That stupid bloody smile of Joshua Rogers. The cheek dimples became visible from the confident expression as he eyed her destructively and wiggled his brows.

"What? Are you not happy to see me, Pen?" Joshua squinted at her, his arms now crossing as he placed himself inches in front of her and bent to her height.

Penelope Silverthorn was never intimated by Joshua Rogers. She had adjusted to his usual teases and patterns — but from the edging experiences she had with someone else earlier that day, her distractions were faded.

"I just...I..." Penelope wasn't really prepared for the stuttering, but having the man she was practically toying with the last four years come to surprise her was intimidating.

"I mean," Joshua Rogers broke the tension, raising his posture again and pacing around her in a circle, "I would've visited regardless, you know. You weren't answering my owls since your stay here,"

"I was busy." Penelope lied.

"And then you were taking longer than usual in this case," Joshua ignored, continuing his explanation, "I practically had to beg President Rappaport to give you an extra hand, also known as...me, of course." He smiled.