Chapter 8: We're All Parentless

Albus "Percy" Dumbledore, 1900

Chapter 8: We're All Parentless

"Argh, what?" Penelope Silverthorn whined out in a crunch tone from her awake.

The feathers flapped, sending air over Penelope and making her wake up fully at the sight of an owl.

Good morning, Miss Silverthorn.

We were informed last Faculty Meeting that you'll visit the affected students in St Mungos as soon as possible.

I should meet you at the south exit of the castle passing the wooden bridge.

See you soon.

Dumbledore

Penelope sighed.

Even if she wanted to sleep in, it was impossible. It wasn't uncaring of her to think that way, but ever since her stay at Hogwarts, sleep felt odd. Night terrors were affecting her, but she didn't bring it up. They always happened when she was in places where trauma was experienced.

Penelope slipped on a tight pastel long sleeve with ruffles over the neck. The color green on it was fainted, but it still made her feel casual, along with brown pants.

"A skirt to the hospital isn't very ideal," Penelope murmured to herself at the thought, "Or is it?"

Gathering the familiar brown journal and a beige bag to depart, Penelope took a breath, flowing over the Floo Powder in the fireplace of her room, and disappeared away.

Penelope almost tripped at the appearance over the Clock Tower. She was lucky it wasn't class day or else students would've witnessed her chaos of not knowing how to travel properly.

"Oh, you have to be kidding me," Penelope protested at the sight of Percy Dumbledore standing at the opposite end of the wooden bridge.

Penelope stood there for a minute, wand tapping over her pants and eyes narrowing at the far-end.

Percy Dumbledore blinked once at the sight of Penelope Silverthorn appearing feet away from him in seconds. His eyes blinked twice to ensure he missed something.

"Did you just appear out of..."

"A talent of mine," Penelope breathed out at the dodging, "Bit exhausting, but I wasn't feeling the walk."

"Oh, I apologize, I should've—"

"It's alright, no worries," Penelope cut in, "Sorry for the late arrival. I almost forgot the destinations of the Floo." She laughed nervously.