Chapter 29: Dreams Show Signs *

"When you lay there and you're sleeping,
hear the patterns of your breathing.
And I tell you things you never heard before."
Niall Horan

This chapter contains mature content. 

...

"Merlin, you're so stinking adorable!" Penelope Silverthorn squealed, her eyes shut as she clutched on the puppy.

"She's such a sweetheart, isn't she?" Sebastian Sallow smiled, also petting the dog on Penelope's lap.

Penelope kept squealing.

Sebastian Sallow knew Penelope Silverthorn needed comfort. She needed a spark again. After all those traumatic events both friends went through, it was impossible to grow a smile on Penelope.

Sebastian wanted it back.

They were only friends at the time. Sebastian wasn't sure if gifting her something so meaningful would give away the care he truly had for Penelope, but it was a start.

When Luna was introduced to the world, Sebastian had only stumbled upon the litter of puppies in Hogsmeade as he spent long weeks finding ways to gain his best friend, Penelope, back. Back from the losses she experienced.

It was faith. And it was the present of their relationship.

Sebastian hadn't seen Penelope smile in such a long time, so when he saw her grow the first smile and nearly cry at the cuteness of a puppy underneath the moonlit night one summer — he named her.

"Luna seems to be getting lots of love, I see." Sebastian smiled, sitting on the grass mid-fields.

Penelope kept petting the tiny dog in her lap, and gave a smile, "Oh, you have a name? I didn't know you were taken. Who's your fostering family, Luna?"

"You." Sebastian said nervously.

Penelope raised, "W-What?"

Sebastian stared up at the full moon and then reflected his eyes back on the dog and then the girl he was crushing on.

"Luna is yours, Pen." Sebastian admitted, "I just tricked you that we had to care for her for the day. There's no family."

Penelope gasped, looking at the dog and then looking at Sebastian. "S-Sebastian..."

"Pen..." Sebastian mimicked her.

The soon-to-lovers laughed in the open fields. The spark of a relationship grew as it shifted the friendship.