Chapter 27: Halloween Night Part 2

Chapter 27: Halloween Night 2

"Tell me you love me,
come back and haunt me.
Oh, and I rush to the start."
Coldplay

The air cracked with tension when Penelope Silverthorn and Sebastian Sallow struggled to enter those castle corridors that night.

The students weren't harmed, but the uncomfortableness of the odd stinging sound directed them into chaos; some covered their ears while others ran around as they began to get guided by the Headmistress, Matilda Weasley.

"Penelope!"

Penelope threw off a gasp from the name-call and once she turned, Percy Dumbledore was rushing toward her with a sense of concern in his eyes.

Sebastian Sallow still kept his fingers clutched onto Penelope's arm to prevent any fall or pain that could've come at her in the meantime; or else, in other words, an excuse to have her close to him throughout the night.

Penelope didn't have the proper strength to give out words. She was becoming overwhelmed by the exiting students that left her anxious upon the unanswered noise.

"The Map Chamber," Penelope gave out, clutching her white dress and attempting to walk fast near the entrance, huddling with the students.

"Pen!"

Sebastian's muscles tensed at the sound of Joshua Rogers voice echoing far behind, trying to catch up. Despite the chaos and danger, the professor still held triggers in the American man from the previous day.

"Pen! What's happening?" Joshua asked.

Penelope turned, feeling a hint of the castle's air as they went down the stairs and tried to take shortcuts to the dungeons.

"The Map Chamber, Josh. That's what's h-happening," Penelope sighed from the tiredness of the night, "Do you have the code book?"

Joshua tugged a small pocket over his costume cloak with his wand and revealed an enchanted book with the engraved coded words for an Auror.

"Yes, boss." Joshua smirked.

Sebastian Sallow tried to maintain a calm demeanor as he watched Penelope and Joshua converse like teammates, a reminder that the two really worked together for four years.

The professor could feel his stomach turn a little at the reality of it, but he quickly knocked some sense into himself that they were also considered the best Aurors in the United States. Despite the complicated turnouts — they had to work together.

As the members grew closer to the dungeons of Hogwarts, there was a swing of shivers that filled Penelope Silverthorn — no, not just Penelope, but someone that was gifted felt it too.