Chapter 13: A Drunken Owl

Penelope Silverthorn and Sebastian Sallow did not speak nor caught an eye over each other for an entire week after their unpredictable discussion inside that office. It was seven days of avoidance and silence.

A week. Penelope thought to herself.

Penelope Silverthorn would've predicted that by then, she'd be gone from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Case solved and free of the consequences she had left behind — but no. She was still there. Still in the chaos.

And the faculty meetings within weren't any better. Those still existed and they were mandatory. If anything, they became a silent torture between Penelope and Sebastian.

Penelope kept her eyes low over the journal she tried hiding from her lap. It was slightly ironic to uphold the journal the professor gave her, despite the circumstances.

But her eyes would suddenly peak over at the professor across from her. She would watch as his rough fingers twirled over the quill pen between his fingers; he would tap it repeatedly over his own journal as his jaw would move between the discussion.

It was obvious Sebastian Sallow tried to maintain a dry demeanor at that faculty meeting, but he couldn't help to stare over the woman across from him when she looked away. It was bothering him, not from the grudge, but on why he'll stare every chance he'll get.

...

Seventh year Penelope Silverthorn chewed the inside skin of her cheek as she kept her eyes focused on the professor in the Transfiguration Classroom. Her eyes were wanting to focus, but the Slytherin boy across the floor distracted her.

Sebastian Sallow sat lazily over that bench, and his thick brows furrowed over his half-girlfriend/half-not-girlfriend due to a heated argument they got into on the Clock Tower earlier that week. It was no big deal, but he started the silent treatment.

Penelope passed her saliva, trying to ignore the hazel eyes that stared purposely at her and paid attention to Professor Weasley finishing her lesson.

"Merlin, another bickering with your boyfriend?" Imelda Reyes scoffed beside Penelope, noticing the exchange of stares, "You two make it so obvious."

Penelope rolled her eyes, closing her book loudly, "I'm just focusing on the lesson, Reyes," she murmured, "And he's not my boyfriend...at the moment."

"Oh?" A mess of red hairs peaked over at the news, "Does that make you in need of some company, Lady Silverthorn?" He teased.

Garreth Weasley loved to pinpoint Sebastian Sallow. It was a jealousy mechanism within the men to bother each other. To put up a fight just for the sake of Quidditch practice, but Garreth only had to do the bare minimum to trigger Sebastian Sallow.