Chapter 12: A Summer Fling

Penelope Silverthorn did not freeze nor react lightly over the presence of Cecil Greengrass on that doorframe. The emotions post-argument fed her up already, she wasn't willing to waste more time with another.

Instead, Penelope turned over one last time at the professor near his desk, who stood mid-office, hand over his hip while another ran through his brown hairs from frustration; Sebastian Sallow was distraught.

Sebastian knew Penelope like no other, and he also stared back at her that second as he read her expression. He knew her too fucking well.

It was the "Now you deal with your own problems," expression. He saw it in her frown and her silence — and the inside of his head was in shambles. How Slytherin of her, as always, he thought.

Cecil Greengrass green eyes followed Penelope's exit. Like a lion before haunting its prey as it began to leave slowly. She waited until the very last sight of Penelope's feet clicked off the classroom before closing the door shut.

Sebastian now leaned over his desk. His hands gripped the wooden desk's texturized edge and prepared himself for the outcome of his yelling.

Cecil's heels clicked lightly over the floor as she gawked at her fiancé, her expression becoming eerie as she finally spoke.

"I thought you weren't fond of people being inside your office?" Cecil questioned, her eyes scanning over the messy setting, "Or is there an exception?"

Sebastian Sallow let out a deep sigh. It wasn't intentional, but his day became rough from starting one argument to dealing with another.

"I remind you, I said I wasn't fond of my students being in my office. There are too many private documents in here." Sebastian corrected.

Cecil's tongue wiggled inside of her cheek, her anger fueling but staying out at the words of Sebastian.

"And private conversations, as I see." Cecil led on.

The redhead glared over the professor with such a sinister stare, you wouldn't even be able to hide the fact that she was upset.

Sebastian's stare was down as he kept his posture down, "Cecil, Miss S is part of the team—"

"Miss S," Cecil said bitterly at the name call, "I mentioned that I do not like it when you call her Miss S. It sounds uncomfortably like it'll be your last name." She argued.

"It's the letter of her last name, Cecil." Sebastian blinked.

"And it would be mine too soon." Cecil argued, "Miss Silverthorn. That is your call."