Chapter 11: Sebastian's Grudge

"Souls tied,
intertwined by our pride and guilt."
David Kusher

...

"Oh, for Merlin's sake," Seventh year Sebastian Sallow uttered under his breath as his hands twisted the knob below him.

"Sebastian," Penelope Silverthorn said breathlessly, looking over her back and hearing the clicking of shoes outside those halls of the Defense Against the Dark Arts tower, "The Prefects are getting closer."

"I'm well aware of that, Pen, but this," Sebastian grunted, trying to push in the lock, "-bloody," his wand glowed over the door, "-door won't open!"

"It might've been Hecat's classroom!" A Ravenclaw Prefect yelled over the halls.

Penelope sighed, elbowing the tall figure beside her and edging him around, "Ugh, just move. Let me try."

Penelope's hands hovered over the knob, her eyes closing as she concentrated. You can see the ancient magic glow at the tips before the door unlocked.

Sebastian stood arms crossed, a hitch of breath escaping at her actions, "And you made me waste time unlocking it why?" He frowned.

Penelope rolled her eyes, "You said you were good sneaking into places you're not supposed to be?" She raised a brow at him.

Sebastian wiggled his tongue inside his left cheek and gave a cocky smile at the reminder, "Yeah, in the fifth year!"

Tap, tap. The shoes clicked closer.

Sebastian Sallow uncrossed his arms, not willing to risk any more time, and grabbed his girlfriend by the waist, opening the unlocked door; both bodies shoving inside into the darkness.

Penelope gasped at the quick twist and flinched when Sebastian shut the door behind her and glowed his wand to whisper locking charms.

"Hey-"

Before Penelope could air out a word, Sebastian's finger punctured her lips, shutting her up as his ear glued over the wooden door and heard the chaos.

"I swear I heard someone here!"

"Perhaps they went inside the office?"

"Hecat never leaves her door unlocked. She leaves challenging locking charms to open!"

"Ugh! They might've sneaked out from the courtyard exists! Let's go."

Penelope slapped away Sebastian's finger from her lips and whispered out.