Chapter 3: Luna, The Dog

Penelope Silverthorn did not bother to join dinner as the rest of the castle was. Starvation wasn't even on her plate, ironically. She wanted to escape that DADA tower as soon as possible and hide in her space; to never come out.

"For fucks sake," Penelope cursed under her breath at the reminder that the Floo Flames were no longer in place.

To bad news, previous years back, it was known that the Ignitia Wildsmith statues around Hogwarts were removed. It saddened some with having no speed access on locations now, but it satisfied some that the annoying voice of Ignitia would no longer be in place at every pass-by.

Except for Penelope. For once, she wished Ignitia's non-stop voice was around for saving.

There were sunken waves of panic and chaos inside of her head as she walked around the empty castle halls. She hadn't felt this much emotions in years, and being here was exactly the reason why she avoided it.

When Penelope's body turned around near the entrance of the Faculty Tower hall, she felt a figure following behind and she panicked, turning with sweat.

"What is it—" Her mouth shut for a moment, taking sight of the presence, and cleared her throat, "I mean..."

A young Ravenclaw student stood in place, her pale cheeks turning a shade of red as she looked over at Penelope and then the dog below.

"I-I am sorry, Miss...Miss..."

"You can call me Miss S." Penelope introduced, holding back the emotions she was hiding and bent to the dog, "I believe Luna guided you to me."

The student nodded. She seemed nowhere past the third year.

"She did. I saw her outside the outer courtyard of the castle and wanted to follow her. Is her name Luna because of the moon-shaped fur underneath her chin?" The student asked.

Penelope nodded, "Correct. I see the intelligence trait in Ravenclaw hasn't changed a bit. Not many can translate her name from Latin." She let out.

The Ravenclaw student and Penelope stood in a silent ground. Only both females stared at each other for a moment.

"Shouldn't you be at dinner?" Penelope asked, taking hold of the key Matilda Weasley had given her for her faculty room.

"Shouldn't you?"

Penelope closed her eyes.

Penelope Silverthorn had patience, not all the time, but after everything that had happened the last few hours, the patience was gone.