~ 27 ABROGATE 💜

GUESS WHO IS BACK FROM THERE HIATUS?

Don't forget to Vote and comment. I will try my best to keep the update coming.

HALIMAH POV
HALIMAH BELLO

Ever since Monica got back home, the aura of the house had changed. Especially the behaviors of the maids, everyone was on their best behavior, because Monica never took shit from anybody, and she would always say she was allergic to second chances, and never failed to display it. Don't just make that mistake, she was a perfectionist.

The table was perfectly laid, and different kinds of food were displayed like it was some kind of fest. It was just breakfast.

Daddy walked in looking so tired, you could tell he was exhausted by the mere look at him, which made me wonder if he actually got any sleep the previous night.

In no time Monica walked in looking so energetic while Jamila trailed behind her, clad in her school uniform. Surprisingly she wasn't late today, but this family breakfast was going to do justice to it, that I was sure about.

"Morning everyone. Breakfast is set." Monica announced, meanwhile, Dad helped himself to his chair, without uttering a word.

I and Jamila followed the lead, then Monica, who looked extremely pleased today.

"Good morning Aunt," Jamila said, meanwhile I murmured the same.

"Morning."

My chest flustered, and I knew at that moment there was gonna be trouble. He just picked up an apple, threw it, and cut it almost the same time, spared I and Jamila a glance, and then attempted to walk away.

I understood what that look meant. He obviously had no plans waiting for us.

"Roman, breakfast like a normal family," Monica said almost immediately.

"Not hungry." He responded, at the same time doesn't stop walking.

"Don't you dare move an inch?" She yelled, frightening me with the sound of her voice. Everyone stops their actions, including Dad. "Don't dare walk out when I am speaking to you." She said.

Meanwhile, he didn't move an inch, the thought of what was going on in his mind currently flooded my imagination. I was internally grateful he didn't disobey her, because we weren't gonna hear the last of it.

The loud sound made on the table, threw me off balance, as well as everyone who was present. Daddy's facial expression at this point. He wasn't having it.

"You can see the man you are raising," Daddy said.

This was directed at Monica, the confusion on her face at that point.

"When I try to correct him, all I get is if he was your blood, would you treat him that way? I am glad you can see the disgrace you are raising for yourself." Dad yelled, his voice echoed, suddenly felt chills.
Immediately Dad pulled his chair roughly, and launched out of the dining room, without uttering another word.

My gaze met Roman's, he looked unfazed. His facial expression was everything. He didn't look bothered or concerned. Or didn't we just witness the same ordeal? I took note of the fact Jamila was serving herself breakfast like nothing just happened. I clearly was the only sensible person around.

"Why have you decided to become a thorn in my life?" Monica yelled at her son. "What did I ever do to you, Roman what have I ever done to you?" She yelled at her son, who didn't break an eye contact.