~31 DO DOPPELGANGERS EXIST

Do not forget to vote and drop your thoughts.

🇦 🇳 🇸 🇦 🇭 '🇸 🇵 🇴 🇻

              𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐒𝐀𝐇 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎°

She had been annoying me lately, and I could not believe she wanted me to go apologize to her unapologetic husband Rashidi. That woman had little idea who she had given birth to.

Here I was thinking she came to apologize to me, over her insensitive behaviour, because I didn't poke the bear this time. I was minding my business, when trouble and her husband came flying my way, like I am the one doing them.

How could she possibly believe that she can make me apologize to Rashidi? For what purpose and why? She was not serious.

She simply had to ruin my mood with her introductory speech. That was not the only thing she said that irritated me; if it had just been about apologizing to Rashidi, I would not have been so upset; I would have simply taken it as a joke, but this woman had to bring my stupid father into the conversation.

It seems to me now that they were not content when I was succeeding in life; instead, they would constantly come into my life and cause havoc all over again.

"YOUR DAD BELIEVES YOU. HE REACHED OUT, HE WANTS TO TALKS"
Those were her words, It kept echoing in my head. I really did not know what she wanted me to do. It did not matter whether he believed me or not; it was also too late. He was the first person to doubt me and kick me out of his life. I cared less about him, and I had matured to the point where nothing he said or did affected me.

I used to stalk him, watching him and his so-called family, particularly his other son bond, and I had to let go of it. It did have an impact on me; I wanted my father back then, but he practically kicked me out of his life, so why was he trying to reach out now? It was already too late. The nightmares and truma were entirely his fault; I would never forgive either of them. They should just go their own way, while I go mine.

Except for my mother, who was only competent in the financial area, I found them all to be useless in my life. Who knows, perhaps giving me everything I wanted helped her sleep better at night. It appears to me now that they were not satisfied when I was succeeding in life; rather, they would constantly enter my life and cause havoc all over again.

And she better stop giving me the bullshit about work as usual. Rashidi is practically her business partner, and he never fails to show up for Halimah.

It's now he wants to talk.

God knows there are some people on Earth who I want him to welcome back with open arms.

_____________________🖊️

"Roman can we talk."

This early morning, did she dream about me?

My mother practically stared at me as she stood a few feet away. I knew that look, that was the look she always had on her face whenever I committed an atrocity.

What did i do again?

"Mum, goodmorning." I greeted with a serious expression on my face. I was already clad in my uniform, which made me happy, because I knew whatever she had to say, was gonna take a while, this way I won't be totally late for school.

"Morning baby. Sit down." She instructed.

Baby kwa!

This must be serious; I just hoped it was not about him; I was not about to waste my time talking about someone who was practically dead to me. I joined her on the couch.