~30 PASSION💜

Dedicated to my baby
thereal_bharrie HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LOVE, THE CHAPTER IS SPECIALLY DEDICATED TO YOU.

🇭 🇦 🇱 🇮 🇲 🇦 🇭 '🇸 🇵  🇴 🇻

                 °HALIMA BELLO•

Nothing had changed in the toxic atmosphere at home. Evidently, no one had forgotten the previous drama because everything remained the same. To top it up, Roman didn't come down for dinner neither did anyone talk about him. Everyone retired to their separate rooms after dinner.
There was obviously something going on when I saw the attitude Aunty Monica gave my Dad. There was no doubt that Roman was involved.

Roman accounted for 99.9 percent of the issues that arose between Aunty Monica and Dad. Dad always accused her of spoiling him silly, that she was the reason why he turned out the way he did.

"Do as you please, but please keep the children out of our arguments."

As soon as I heard my father's voice, I stopped moving. Though it was obviously a bad idea, I slowly leaned against their door to listen to them talk. Suddenly, their voice became quiet, and I found myself curious to know what they were talking about.

"Your son is the problem. I have tried my best to be accepting."

"No you haven't." She abruptly stopped talking to him. You always treat him like garbage, not realizing that he is my son and...

"A baggage that came with you." Dad's voice is suddenly louder than the user's.

"My son, A baggage?" She paused. "There is absolutely no way in which your daughter is more significant, exceptional, or better than my son, even though I accepted your child, Rashidi. I don't like the way you treat him. Since this marriage and our agreement are mutual, I expect the same level of respect from you. I know you can not love him, but at the very least, I want my child to be treated with the same respect that your daughter and niece receive. Because this is as well his house as your child and niece." She cried out, not even pausing for a breath.

"Monica, he was not a part of our agreement. Your son wasn't. You also do not think that after what he did to his own sister, I will accept him. Such a despicable act. Having him around my girls in my home makes me uncomfortable; he might do the..."

"Even ANSAH can attest to the fact that those claims were untrue. My son was abused, he was molested by someone who was supposed to be an authority figure in his life." Aunty Monica yelled.

"Keep lying to yourself Monica. Was that what Ansah told you or the theory your wayward son gave you...,"

"Dont you dare call my son names Rashidi." This statement was followed up with a loud sound. Unconsciously, I retreated. Most likely, the sound was that of a shattered glass or vase.

"Monica: Are you crazy?" I heard my father growl.

"You do not treat my child like a gutter; I will not put up with it."

"Since you desire it, I will no longer be involved in his life going forward. That boy needs an authority figure to nudge him into the right direction, and you clearly don't want it. Because he was found in possession of hard drugs, he was deported back to Nigeria, and even his father no longer wants to see him."

"That's where you are mistaken, ANSAH wants his son, but I don't trust him with my sons well-being, because everything happened right under his noise, he couldn't even give his own son the benefit of doubt. And it's all that she-devils fault."