Eve pov

I look at the card in my hand confused I turn it over and over then look at Aunt Bird "What's this?" I ask.

She shuffles some papers around not looking up "That smiley girl, is money it's the money from Excella's account here, it also accesses mine and Alcina it will allow you to buy things you need or want from the Duke".

I nod sitting it down "Can I see Duke please".

She looks up at me smiling "Not now he is away on a trip for me but, when he comes back you will get to see him, but tell me how you met him".

I nod and pick at my nail "I was switching a lot the Lycans couldn't come visit to help me, can't remember why but I was out looking for food when I found Duke he had set up camp, he had food and blankets I snuck into his cart trying to steal some and he caught me, I ended up panicking and shifting younger then I ever have I think I was one, he sat me by him with a warm blanket, gave me food, and told me stories of his trips, when I woke up I was back at my cave but it was better I had lots of blankets, food, tools, books, clothes, and a curtain over my cave to block the wind".

She hums and nods "The Duke is a good man even Alcina likes him".

"Aunt Bird, what's my family history?"

She smiles "Well for a while I believed only myself, my niece, and cousin were all the blood
family left till you, so we are the last of our family line, the most notable in our family history
other than myself was Elizabeth Báthory a countess, nowadays they call her the vampire countess, she had a daughter that she secretly sent away when the villagers attacked".

I nod then scream ducking seeing Cassandra with the wooden sword that just barely missed me grabbing mine I start trying to fight her off.

I hiss laying on my back with a wooden sword at my throat "Try harder" she grunts then swarms away.

Sniffling I wipe my eyes standing up and look at Aunt Bird trying not to cry.

She hugs me as I curl into her and sighs "Your sisters have no memory of their life before their rebirth but Cassandra, how she acts is a subconscious result of it she was caught in a massacre and now even while she has no memory of it, she feels a need to be able to protect herself and her family, she has trouble trusting people because, in her human life, the person who killed her whole family was a nomad her parents took in being nice".

I look down frowning "So I'm causing her to feel uneasy because of her past?"

She tilts her head back "It's subconscious and not your fault just give her time, her instincts
are screaming that she needs to get you ready to be able to protect yourself and the family, but also telling her to watch you in case you're a threat".

I nod "How can I make it easier?"

She shakes her head "You can't smiley girl, she just needs time to adjust, I know it's a lot to ask but just give her time".

I nod leaving the room and tilt my head as I sniff the air and smile heading to the door yanking it open I see Grayson with tons of lycans behind him I smile looking at all of them.

They crouch down and bow I walk out touching Grayson's head "Are you all here for me to be a leader?" I hear all of them say yes I smile and pet them "Aunt Bird, Grayson came back with friends".

I see everyone come out shocked at the amount here "There are 200 who refused" I say.

Mom looks shocked "Okay what now?" she says.

I shrug looking at the lycans then step up "Okay everyone your new orders are no killing humans unless they are a threat to you, us, or are attacking a villager when you hunt animals please bring them to the castle to be skinned we have to show the village the rumors are false and gain their trust if a lycan from the other group is seen near the village or people protect the people kill the lycan".

I smile seeing Belladonna come out and howl loudly raising my hands I wave them off "Go patrol your new area, when you find a place to stay let me know so we can ensure it's set up properly".

Seeing them take off I look to the others but focus on Cassandra I rub my arm and look down "I'm not good at fighting I'm trying to learn but, maybe it will help you to know that it's not on only you, the Lycans will help you and in winter they can help bring animals in to feed us?" I say with it coming out like a question.