Eve pov one month later

I wake up to my curtains being yanked open "Up Lady Eve, it's a new day" Hearing her happy
voice so early I grumble pulling the blanket over my head.

Peaking out I see a woman with black hair pulled in a messy bun she claims it used to be blonde she has cobalt blue eyes looking at me, she's older than most of the staff in her 30s, she's been here since she was 14 and one of the more senior staff I huff yanking the blanket back over my head "Starla why?" I whine.

I hear my clothes being moved "Now after your lessons that includes with your sisters you
have tea with Lady Beneviento" she says ignoring my whined questions.

I smile upon hearing that jumping up and pulling on the clothes she hands me "Oh someone's no longer grumpy about waking up" she says chuckling.

Shrugging I look down at the wooden sword strapped to my hip "I get to see Donna but I
remembered today Cassandra plans to test me using weapons, I have to pass to be allowed a real one not wooden, I think Donna would like me better if I could use a real one".

I feel the bed dip and an arm around my shoulders "Firstly Lady Beneviento does not care
about having a weapon she carries around flower powder that can cause people to lose their minds, she only moves her hand when she uses the powder once, her mind is an amazing weapon even before her gifts".

I frown looking at her "What do you mean?"

She smiles leaning back "Okay this story has been passed down in my family for a few generations, keep in mind people tend to change events to make it more interesting but I will tell you what my grandmother told me".

I nod looking at her "Before her rebirth back in her human life, a d before her parents and sister's
death the village always talked about her beauty, her parents rejected every man who came
trying to marry her, after her family's death she dressed like she is now, it was common back
then almost two months passed with her dressed like that, one man walked up to her and yanked her vail off her and told her she's done mourning and will marry him, my very great grandmother had picked up her veil to return it, when Lady Beneviento who had never
spoken before calmly said 'this is the reason my parents rejected every man who tried to court me, I will become an old spinster before I wed an unintelligent, brut with have no respect for anyone' she walked away taking her vail, from then on when a man tried to win her over she held out a book in challenge since the men wanted her families money. No one even thought about the fact she already made up her mind to become a spinster, after her rebirth and being named a Lord the men tried sneaking onto her property, they came back insane the one who took her vail killed himself when he returned as time went on the rumors of her face being hideous started but in my family this story was told of her beauty
both of mind and body, how her gown and veil are a sign she's stuck mourning her family
and those who cared for her" she shakes her head "the point is a weapon is helpful but, your mind can be just as powerful and she appreciates someone smart".

I huff looking down "I'm not doing good then".

She lifts my head to look at her as she shakes her head "You may not believe yourself smart but in practice hunts you use your mind to plan your moves, you try to learn everything you can, I've seen and heard you listen to her speak and respect her, asking questions to better understand something, even more, when she explains stuff she enjoys, you asked to learn her skills in doll making, proving you can be strong when needed but also sensitive you wear your heart on your sleeve, you don't hide yourself, you're honest and slightly impulsive the maid accident is an example but, you love like her you give everything you have to it".

I bite my lip and nod "Okay but please don't bring up the maid accident".

She huffs shaking her head "Oh you don't want to think about how you attacked and bit a maid's leg because she was in your Donna's room cleaning".

Pouting I cross my arms "She was too close to our doll".

She gets up pulling me up and helps me strap the sword to my hip "And it had nothing to do with being jealous the maid would take your place?"

I feel her finish buckling my belt before I jump back and run out hearing her steps behind me and her laughing "Lady Eve think about trying something different than a sword it may help".

Smiling I run to my lessons reaching the door I stop smoothing out my clothes and checking my hair before walking in.

A few hours later

I look at my hip seeing a machete and a large hunting knife on my hip real ones now, I smile strutting to meet Donna for tea walking in I see her without her veil talking with Angie.

Stepping up I hold my hand out to her and kiss her hand before doing the same to Angie "You
both look beautiful".

I smile hearing Angie screech and act like she's swooning.

Pouring our tea I make theirs before sitting down.

Mother Miranda pov

Pacing outside the main entrance with Luiza I glance looking for the wagon "Come on Duke bring her home".

He shows up motioning me over lifting her "She was hard to find and was in the desert, passed out in the sun but she's alive".

Taking her I look at him "Thank you, you will be repaid".

"No this is a gift for you and Eve," he says smiling I nod turning and rush inside.