Vampire Friends to Lovers

"A vampire?" she scoffs in disbelief. "Yeah right."

"You know it's true," he says from where he's perched on her window seal looking like a painting of an angel. His long white hair blowing in the night breeze, his dark brown eyes like glass marbles. His lips plump, his features sharp, his body positioned like a graceful model. He was so hot, it just made her mood worse.

"How the hell would you know anyway?" she turns away from him and tries to clean up the catastrophe that is her room. "You suddenly some sort of occult expert?"

She feels a rush of wind.

"I know from personal experience," he says, suddenly standing in front of her. She stumbles back in shock, but he rushes forward in a flash and pulls her into him.

"Careful now," He smiles down at her. "Wouldn't want my girl to get hurt now would we?" He pushes back the mess that is her curly brown hair away from her face. She notices his fangs now. 

He always had longer canines, but now she realizes they're actually fangs, like her own.

"Since when?" she asks as she reaches her hand up to his cheek. He leans into her touch, his eyes closing, his smile widening.

"I was born this way," he says. "It's rare, but does happen."

"Did you-" she fears the answer, but she has to ask, "did you turn me?"

He eyes snap open, his face full of hurt, "I would never."

"I know, I just-" she pulls her hand back and looks down.

"It's okay," he speaks softly, stepping closer and taking her hand in his. "I would've asked the same thing."

"What do I do now?" she asks, her voice cracking. She looks out the window, silently hoping he didn't notice it.

"Well, you'll have to adjust to your life. You'll be a night owl now, no spices of any sort, or you'll burn from the inside out, very slowly."

"Sounds excruciating," she says, pulling her hand out of his and walking to the wardrobe across her bed near the window. "I thought it was just garlic?"

"All spices do it, its like an extreme allergic reaction." He explains.

"Anything else I have to look forward to?" she asks while handing up a dress.

"Nutrition. You'll have to consume large amounts of raw meat if you don't want to drink blood," he says.

"God, both options suck," she says. "I like my steaks well done and you know I faint at the sight of blood."

"Then die," he says as he picks up a lace bra that was lying on the floor. He raises an eyebrow.

"Your such a dick-"

"-a big one, huge." He says with a smirk.

She snatches the bra from his hand, trying to hide a smile. "Is there really no other option?"

"Coconut water, but it's not a long-term solution. It might help you transition into blood or raw meat, but you'll still need the real thing."

"Coconut water? That's weird."

"It can be used in an emergency for a blood transfusion and somehow our bodies react similarly to it." he shrugs, holding up a stray thong he probably also found on the floor. "Slippery when wet?" He reads the writing on the front of the underwear and raises a brow. She quickly takes it from him, stuffing it into her hamper.

"Well, the more you know, I guess," she says, ignoring the comment.

"The more you know indeed," he says, obviously checking her out.