Succubus & Angel Soulmates XI

When she woke up the next morning, she felt like death was finally coming for her. Maybe all those stories were true of people having a few good days before they died?

She lays there, head spinning as if she'd drank the whole bar last night. Maybe she should've. Then she'd have an excuse for feeling like this, but even as she thought that she knew she had that excuse already.

She coughed. Her bed was filled with bloody petals. She'd long since given up trying to throw them away or wipe away the blood. Even if she had wanted to, she had no energy.

It was close to noon, and she hadn't eaten, actually she was still in the same clothes from last night. She'd fallen asleep the moment her head hit the pillow.

She groaned, her stomach ached for food. Thoughts passed through her mind of all the things she'd do in that moment for some. That saying so hungry they could eat a horse? Well, she could see herself taking a big bite out of a live one right now. That's how hungry she was.

Another fun thing about succubi. Sex feeds us. If you don't get sustenance through that, then you have to eat, a lot.

She heard a light knock on her door. She blinked and looked over to the small entry hallway that leads to her door and bathroom. It was so dark. When did it become night? Wasn't it just after noon?

She peeled off the covers. They clung to her from the sweat. She shivered and coughed petals as she stumbled over to the door.

Who could it be? she wondered.

She pulls the door open and, upon recognition, proceeds to slam the door, but she was too late.

It doesn't close. She looks down and notices his nice dress shoe blocking the way.

"Leave," she croaks. She somehow sounded about as bad as she felt.

"Not until we talk." His voice was stubborn, but kind.

She groans. As much as she wanted to argue, she didn't have the energy or voice for it.

"Whatever," she mumbles, letting go of the door. She stumbles back into the room, falling back into her bed. She pulls the thick comforter and throw blankets over herself. She coughs again, more blood than petals that time.

"I asked around and I know why you do it," he says, worry lacing his expression and voice. He was obviously trying to ignore her pain and have a conversation, but was struggling.

She lifts her head slightly to look at Azrael who sits on her open widow seal, much like he did that day not so long ago. At least he used the door this time.

"And?" she asks. "That doesn't change what or how I do what I do. I know you've seen the bodies. You know what I'm capable of."

He flinches back at the image her words bring to his mind.

"See. Now, if you'll leave me be, I'd like to die alone."

She rolls over to the side, so she's facing away and coughs harder.

"I'm not leaving you," he says. "I can't-"

"You'll be transporting my soul soon enough. You can feel bad then-"

"I'm not going to let you die," he almost yells. She flinches.

"Look, God made a mistake. There is no way he'd give an angel a succubus as a soulmate-"

"God doesn't make mistakes-"

"-just happy little accidents?" she suggests jokingly, looking back over her shoulder at him for a moment.

"We are soulmates for a reason," he says, stepping into her field of vision. "You're my other half-"

"Bullshit."

"Don't say that," he says, holding his chest. "It hurts."

"See, another reason. I swear all the fucking time."

"That's not what hurts," he says.

The words hang in the air for a moment. Her mind refusing to compute the meaning behind them. Then suddenly, like an avalanche falling on her, it clicks, her eyes widen, and she gasps.

"No," she sits up and stares at him in disbelief. A cough rattles her chest. As if it couldn't believe it either.

"If you die, I die," he says, placing a hand on his chest. "So whatever you think you're saving me from, you're wrong."

Angels die if the person they love dies. Not just any love, a special love that only happens once for the immortal beings. Once acknowledged, their lives are tied to one another.

So now, she was immortal unless killed and visa versa.

"There is no way you've fallen for me," she whispers in disbelief. "It's not possible. When?"

"I-" his voice cracks, he turns away. "Last night I knew for sure."

"Of course," she chuckles somberly. "I should've never-"

"I felt something last night," he interrupts, his voice filled with sadness and hope. "I felt something between us that was more than physical. Was I wrong?"

She doesn't answer for a while. Everything was crumbling around her. She felt lost, but worst of all, she felt happy.

"No, you weren't wrong." She finally admits.

"Then why?" he asks. The heartbreak in his voice is palpable and makes her heart ache.

"I don't want people to stop believing in you, respecting you, loving you, because of your soulmate being a succubus and a killer."

He stood there silent for a while. He stood like stone again. His face unreadable. It made her anxious as she waited for him to say or do anything. Was he mad? Can angels get mad?

Then like lightning, he moved towards her, taking her face in his hands.

"I accept you," he says, then he kisses her. She kisses him back, because what else is she supposed to do?

It was deep and didn't hold back any of the emotion he felt. It was overwhelming.

She feels tears rush down her face.

He pulls back, wiping them away. He stares into her eyes intently. He looks worried that she might reject him. After all this, after that kiss, he seems genuinely worried. It makes her smile.

She takes his hands in her own. "I accept you. I'd be a fool not to."

With those words, her world changes. Her lungs are free of the disease. Her ache and fatigue are gone and all she can feel is their touch.

It felt surreal. A connection like no other. She thought it was intense before, now it was almost unbearable in the best way one could imagine.

Just then, her stomach growls. He looks at her with a blush.

"Do you want me to make you something to eat?"

"Why when I have an all I could eat buffet right here?" she smirks and jumps on him, kissing him.

He lets out a small moan, which only serves to feed into that part of her that wants him. She straddles him and kisses his neck.

"Please don't stop," he begs.

"Never say that to a succubus," she jokes before kissing him harder.

The End.

April 5, 2024