Chapter 2

Jungkook's POV

"Are you feeling better?" A certain angelic voice. Am I hearing things? Am I that sick?

I tried to open my eyes, but my head hurts a lot.

"You should rest more. I'll take care of you. Once you can, I'll heat the soup so that you can eat it and drink medicine." I keep on hearing his voice. Is this a dream?

"W-who are you?" I asked trying to open my eyes.

"Kim Seokjin." He said. W-wait... what?

I tried opening my eyes again and this time it hurts a lot because the light of the room directly hit my eyes.

"I'm sorry I did not want to enter your room so I let you sleep on the couch." He said with that same angelic voice but this time I can see his angelic smile.

"W-what are you doing here?"

"Oh! You must be delirious earlier. You opened the door for me when I knocked but almost fell down the floor. I helped you towards the couch and put on the towel on your forehead as you feel so hot earlier." He explained in details.

I touched my forehead and realized I have a mini towel on it.

"T-thank you. I guess." I said to him.

"You're welcome. You got sick because of me anyway. Since you're awake, would you like to eat now?"

Why is he suddenly serving me like we are close? "I-I can eat ramen." I said. I think I can take care of it on my own later anyway.

"I actually cooked Samgyetang for you. Would you like to eat now? I also brought you some of my medicine whenever I have fever." Why is he so... caring?

"I--I think I--I'm hungry."

He then smiled again at me and stood up going straight to my kitchen.

"Okay, I'll get you some."

I heard the sound of plates and some utensils. I tried sitting down even though I still feel my body's killing me. I looked around and saw that my living room was... clean? Is this really my place?

I saw some of my things arranged in the corner.

My trash were in a plastic box that seemed to have been fixed as well. Bottles and cans of alcohol were in there.

My used clothes were neatly put in a basket which I didn't recognize.

My coffee table looks dust free.

What happened? Did he clean all of these while I was asleep?

"Here's your food." He announced and I looked at him wearing an apron I don't recognize. This must be his.

"T-thank you." I said taking the bowl slowly from him and putting it on the table.

"I'll just get your water and medicine." He said then left me again.

I smelled the food he gave and it smells delicious. I suddenly felt my stomach growling so I started blowing air into the food to keep make it a little bit cold.

The moment I tasted the food, I felt my tongue got happy with the flavor. It tasted like the food my nanny used to cook for me.

I took another spoon and ate more.

"Here's your medicine and water." He said, handing over the water and medicine.

"T-this food taste good. Thank you!"

"I'm glad you liked it." He said with another smile.

I stopped eating and coughed a little.

"Di-did you clean the house?"

I looked at him and he looked nervous. Did I say anything wrong? He bit his bottom lip and his ears got red.

"I-I'm sorry. Are you mad?"

My eyes got wide. I didn't know he thinks I could be mad.

"No, no!" I said shaking my head. "Not really mad. I-I was just curious."

"I saw it messy earlier and it might also cause you to not be healthy if the environment is not clean that's why I cleaned while you were asleep. Here's the medicine by the way." Seokjin said handing Jungkook the medicine he brought.

"Thank you. You have done a lot, you must be tired."

"It's okay. I always cook for more than one person even and it's nice to share it to someone now. How are you feeling now?"

"Better than earlier." I said. "I am sorry that I made you do a lot of things. I hope my house didn't scare you."

"Not at all. I am happy doing something. You can rest after eating and I'll wash the dishes before I leave."

"Y-you what? N-no! Don't do that. I-I think you did a lot already. I can wash the dishes. Did you already eat?"

"I did. Don't move a lot so that you won't get tired easily." Seokjin said and took the empty bowl.

Author's POV

Jungkook was surprised to see him doing a lot of things in his own house. When Seokjin was done washing all the dishes, he came back to the living room.

"I hope you'll feel better with the medicine I gave. I'll get going now to review for my exams tomorrow. Please feel better." Seokjin said and was about to leave.

"Wait!" Jungkook said and he stood up immediately to hold Seokjin's hand. "T-thank you again." He said.

Seokjin blushed when he looked at their tangled hands.

"Y-you're welcome." He said then pulled his hand away.

"Oh, sorry." Jungkook said. "Thank you again." He said then let Seokjin leave.

As soon as Seokjin entered his apartment, he held his hand near his chest while blushing. The thought of Jungkook holding his hand was something he did not expect. He decided to do some grocery shopping for food tomorrow and made sure to cook some also for Jungkook.

He smiled by the thought of letting Jungkook eat the food he cooks. He hopes the latter will always like the food he makes. He's so excited to make him eat a lot.

By the way... this will just be a quick and cute book. I hope you enjoy it. 😉