Chapter 15

Author's POV

"Did you hear the news about the angel? It's actually heard all around." Yoongi said to Jungkook and Jimin as they were taking their lunch.

He instantly got Jungkook's attention and looked at Yoongi. "What is it?" He asked.

"Someone saw the angel celebrating Chuseok, holding hands with another man. Looks like the angel is already dating." Yoongi said.

Jungkook's eyes widened but went back to eating, trying to not make it obvious.

"Wow! Who would have known? I mean he is really handsome, gorgeous, sexy and brainy, but he rejected almost all people who tried to court him. Is there a name to this man?" Jimin asked.

"That's the thing. No one knows who the man is. They said he looks handsome with big built and when he raised his hand, it seemed like he has tattoos." Yoongi said directly looking at Jungkook who seemed to ignore them.

"Did not know the angel likes a guy like that. He seemed so pure and innocent to like someone who have tattoos." Jimin commented.

Only Yoongi and Seokjin knows about Jungkook's tattoos as he always covers them at school. Jungkook knew that Yoongi was trying to make him talk if he was the one that Seokjin was with for Chuseok but would open can of worms so he did not bother to speak.

"How did you celebrate Chuseok, Jungkook?" Jimin asked.

Yoongi smirked, waiting for Jungkook's response. "We spent it here in Seoul. My mom, dad, brother and Namjoon were here." Jungkook answered.

Yoongi's eyes narrowed, thinking if it was really Jungkook.

"Oh! That's nice. Good thing they were here?" Jimin asked.

"I also don't know where the decision came from but they opted to celebrate here with me. Here's a picture." Jungkook said showing one picture only, taken by Seokjin, where he was with his family.

Yoongi still feels Jungkook is not telling him some things but did not bother to ask. Jungkook will eventually say it anyway.

"That's cute! I did not know that Namjoon-ssi and Jungkyun-hyung would eventually click in. They look good together." Jimin said looking at the pictures.

"They are." Jungkook plainly answered and went back to eating his meal.

*************

"Was it your boyfriend?" Hoseok asked Seokjin as they kept on talking about the gossip about Seokjin. Some people were looking at them, most where broken hearted people.

"Hoseok, let's not talk about it now."

"I am your best friend. How come I did not know anything about this?" Hoseok asked, surprise about the gossip about Seokjin holding hands with some guy.

"Hoseok, I am sorry. It's just that... well, we just clicked in. We're not boyfriends or anything... we just..." Seokjin ran out of words to say and just sighed.

"Okay. Let's talk about it later. Sorry for being dramatic about it." Hoseok said.

Seokjin smiled at him. "Thank you, Hoseok."

After their conversation, Hoseok elbowed him and Seokjin looked outside seeing Kim Taehyung looking intently at them. He knew that the gossip reached him so he excused himself from Hoseok and approached Taehyung.

"Let's talk somewhere." Taehyung said.

"Not now. Let's talk tomorrow." Seokjin said.

"Okay. I'll go to your apartment."

Seokjin's eyes widened. "W-what? N-no."

"Are you hiding anything from me, Seokjin?"

"N-no. Y-you can go to my apartment." Seokjin said with head low.

"Okay." Taehyung said then left.

A lot of people looked at them and tried to hear their conversation. Another gossip will be circulating, Seokjin thought. Taehyung is quite famous and talking to him will be another issue.

He sighed as he sat beside Hoseok's.

"Is he mad?" Hoseok asked.

"Maybe." Seokjin said.

Hoseok rubbed his back as he knows how stressful it is for his friend.

*************

Jungkook's POV

I got home later than usual today because of the practice. My body is aching because it's the first time Taehyung-ssi asked me to play a lot. He usually just let me on the bench but this time he went hard on me. I feel like he is also mad at me for an unknown reason.

As the elevator opened for my floor, I was stretching and grunting. I looked straight but saw someone exiting Seokjin's apartment. I saw that it is a lady probably in her 40's. Could it be Seokjin's mom?

I was about to move past them when I heard their conversation. Seokjin did not notice me since he is behind the opened door.

"I don't want any trouble, Kim Seokjin. I have been working almost 60 hours per week just to sustain your cost of living! Be lucky your father was still giving you good amount of allowance while you are here and pays for your apartment. If I were him, I wouldn't even bother giving you any. You are such a nuisance. I still wonder why I let you live." His mom said.

Hearing that, I hid in the corner. How can a mom actually say something like that to his own child?

"I know, eomma. Thank you for visiting me." Seokjin said lowly.

"That's right. You should always be thankful. I dedicated some of my rest time just to see you and see these grades you have at school? You are such a disappointment! How will you be able to practice in your father's company and take his position if you can't even reach his children's level?"

"I will do better, Eomma."

"As you should!" She still said with anger in her tone. "I can't believe I had to deal with this at this time of the day. I should be at home by now and resting! Do not bother me anymore for things like this!"

"Yes, eomma." I heard his voice slowly struggling.

I made myself visible and walked past the woman who was ranting.

I knew Seokjin saw me before he closed his doors.

No wonder he never opened up anything about his parents. Seemed like his mom is not someone he should be talking about.

The things I heard while they were talking made me hate her even without knowing her. The previous conversations I had with Seokjin about his family seemed so limited and I understand now why.

Based on how she addressed his father, it looks like Seokjin is also a child out of wedlock, and the man must have another family now. Even though, she has no reasons to treat her son like that since it was not his choice to be birthed out of wedlock.

I suddenly got sad for Seokjin. I decided to talk to him and stay in his house since I am sure he won't be talking to me.

After taking my shower, I went to his apartment. I rang the bell multiple times but he was not answering. Maybe he needs more time.

I was about to leave when I heard the door opening.

I looked at the person who opened the door and was not surprised to see the swollen eyes of Seokjin, probably from crying.

"Jungkook..." he said looking at me with sad eyes. "I don't think I can cook dinner to---"

Before he can even say anything, I walked forward and engulfed him with a hug.