Chapter 13

Author's POV

Seokjin did not hesitate to follow Jungkook's brother when he knocked to his door on that night. He said they should be having dinner at home but he fell asleep and he missed to buy the groceries so their mom decided to eat somewhere instead.

"Where are we going to eat?" Jungkook asked impatiently.

"Why don't you just ride the car so you'd know?" Jungkyun said to him.

Jungkook sighed, obviously irritated with his brother. He is also concerned that he and Seokjin will be seen together and the latter might be uncomfortable about it.

"Are you okay?" He asked Seokjin.

Seokjin nodded and smiled at him.

"I'm sorry you were put into this situation." He said to Seokjin.

"What are you saying? It will be fun to be out with your family. They are entertaining." Seokjin said with a smile.

Jungkook got satisfied with Seokjin's response and let him enjoy the ride quietly as his brother drove them to the place he wanted to go to.

Upon their arrival, Jungkook observed how Seokjin's eyes widened with the place. He was also amazed with his brother's choice because the place seemed so expensive and private. He was sure that none of their schoolmates will be in the place since most were businessmen.

"What would you like to eat, Seokjin?" Jungkook's mom asked as they browsed through the menu.

Seokjin was overwhelmed with the variety of food they serve and was not sure how to answer. "Uhm, I am not sure, Mrs. Jeon." He answered regretting that he did not ask for the restaurant beforehand. He is thinking now that the Jeons might be disappointed with him because he can't even give a simple response to the question. He started biting his lip but Mrs. Jeon held his hand and comforted him.

"I know there are a lot of food options. Let me select for all of us." Mrs. Jeon said and smiled at him.

Jungkook observed the interaction and was baffled by Seokjin's expression. It seems like Seokjin did not want to disappoint them and got nervous when he was not able to provide his order.

"Do you have any allergies, Seokjin?" Jungkyun asked.

"J-just potatoes and garlic." Seokjin said.

"Good thing you have informed us!" Jungkook mom said. "I almost ordered potato salad for appetizer." She said.

Seokjin shyly smiled at them and was regretting the fact that he became a burden for them in ordering.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked him.

"Y-yeah." Seokjin answered.

Jungkook smiled at him and said "if you get uncomfortable, just tell me, we can go home earlier than them."

"W-what are you saying? This is fine." Seokjin said. "Your mom and brother are kind." He said.

"Okay." Jungkook said, not wanting to bother Seokjin more.

Their dinner was served just when Seokjin felt he is getting hungry. He was amazed when he saw the lobster and steak ordered by Jungkook's mom.

They started eating and his stomach got happier after the first bite.

Jungkook observed how Seokjin's face light up with every bite of the food and he was happy seeing Seokjin happier than the shy one earlier.

He also started conversing with his mom and he liked the way they communicated with each other. Seokjin seems to be comfortable with his family and he is satisfied seeing that.