Chapter 5

Happy Valentine's Day

A lot of people prepared chocolates, cakes and a lot of sweet things for people they like on Valentine's day. Jungkook did not care. Due to his snobbish nature, people stopped giving him anything.

"It took me hours to bake this."

"He'll surely like it."

"He's here. Gosh he looks so handsome as always!"

"He's already bringing a lot of chocolates."

"He looks like the prince of soccer."

Jungkook heard all these murmurs when Kim Taehyung came, sitting over his desk. A lot of girls are swoon over him and gave him whatever sweets they can bring.

His desk is almost full.

"I feel sorry for him." Yoongi said.

Jungkook looked at him. "Why?"

"How would he be able to eat all of those without getting sick?"

Jungkook looked at him again and he saw puzzled look on Taehyung's face. "I think he'll be fine." Jungkook said then looked outside his window.

He saw some people going over a certain person. He looked at the person and he swears he saw a halo over Seokjin's head. A lot of people are going over him and giving him flowers and chocolates.

He looks awkward. He thought.

"Looks like your Angel Prince is getting a lot of attention again." Yoongi said.

"What Angel Prince? Get off!" He said.

"You're so grumpy. You really need to have a date." Yoongi said to him.

"You're more grumpy than me, and we both know that." He retaliated.

"At least I have Jimin."

"What did you give Jimin for Valentine's day?" He suddenly asked.

"I gave him my cum." Yoongi said and Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"You two are real perverts, especially you. I wonder how Jimin was able to tolerate you."

"I gave him chocolates and flowers. The usual."

"Boring." Jungkook said.

He then focused again to his book and read some of his notes.

**********

Jungkook was surprised when he saw Seokjin waiting for him outside the door of his apartment. The latter smiled at him when he arrived.

"Hello, I will be making Japanese food today. What do you think about sushi roll?" He asked Jungkook.

Jungkook was stunned. He still don't understand why this person is so kind to him but it doesn't look like he does it for anyone else.

Jungkook opened the door without saying anything but Seokjin was just left outside. He noticed this so he looked at him.

"Can I come inside?" Seokjin asked, unsure of his next action.

Jungkook realized that they were not that closed yet and Seokjin respects his space.

"Ah, sorry. Please come in."

"Thank you." Seokjin said then went directly to the kitchen. "You can take a shower while I start making these." He said to Jungkook.

The latter just nodded at him then went to his room.

**********

Jungkook's POV

After taking a bath, I wore the usual, shirt and shorts. I wiped my wet hair with the towel before leaving the room and decided to leave it like that.

I checked on Seokjin and saw him doing the final touch for the sushi rolls he made. They look pleasing in the eyes and I really got hungry seeing them.

"Oh you're there already. Just right on time. Let's eat." He said and put the food on the dining table.

"Thank you for the food." I said as I sat at the dining area.

"You are welcome." He said smiling at me.

I decided to ask him about the gifts he received earlier.

"Since it's Valentine's Day, I am sure you received a lot of gifts." I saw him blushed and then he put down his chopsticks.

"I---I... well... please promise me you won't tell anyone." He said.

My brows furrowed but said a yes anyway.

"I donated all of the chocolates at a nearby orphanage and the flowers to a hospital. I think people there will be happier receiving those."

I was surprised hearing that from him. I didn't know he'll think of something like that.

"I usually do that every year. I don't know how to decline the gifts they give to me and I also don't want them to go to waste. I am not fond of sweet things, I am more a jelly and gummy person, than a chocolate one. The flowers will also wilt and I'll just be sad seeing them lose their beauty. I decided to give them to people who will appreciate them more. I visited this hospital one time and I saw children liking the flowers a lot they see from the television. I thought it will be better to give it to them. The orphanage has been close to my heart and I usually donate food or clothes there when I can."

I realized, while he was talking, that he trully is an angel. I wonder if there's anything imperfect with him.

"You really are an angel."

He then pouted when I said that. "Don't call me that." He said. "People always call me that. I don't like it. It feels like I always have to meet their expectations of me. I am not an angel. I just do what I think is right." He said.

I am amazed by how he looks at himself. "How do you prefer me to call you?"

"Seokjin or Jin is fine. Hoseok calls me either of that, too."

"Who is Hoseok? One of your boyfriends?"

His eyes grew wide. "W-what?"

I realized that it came out wrong. "I-I didn't mean it that way. I---I just think y-you must have-have a lot of boyfriends because of how perfect you are."

"I never had a boyfriend and Hoseok is my bestfriend." He said.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay." He said and smiled at me, but I still know he was offended so I tried my best to make it better.

"What do you think is the best gift you can get for Valentine's day?"

"Hm? I don't know. The day looks simple and fine for me. There's nothing special about it."

"I see." This seems to be harder than I expected.

"Let's eat. I hope you will like it." He said then started taking a bite of his roll.

I guess I need Yoongi's help to know what I can give Seokjin.