Chapter 11

"Who are you?" Jungkyun, Jungkook's brother, asked when he saw Seokjin sitting on top of Jungkook's bed.

"I-I'm s-sorry, I am not an invader---"

"You don't look like one. You're too handsome to be---"

Jungkook quickly pulled the door closed.

"W-what?" His brother asked.

Jungkook's mom moved closer and pulled Jungkook away from the door. He opened the locked door again and saw Seokjin panicking inside.

"Hello, dear, what is your name?" She asked him.

"S-seokjin. K-Kim S-Seokjin." Seokjin said and bowed.

"Get up, son." She said and got near Seokjin. "My! You look more handsome as I see you closer." She said as she sat near Seokjin. "I am Jeon Hera and that is his brother Jeon Jungkyun. Are you our Jungkookie's boyfriend?"

Seokjin blushed with the question but before he could answer, Jungkook quickly responded to his mom.

"Mom! Stop bugging him. He's not my boyfriend. He's just a friend who lives next door." Jungkook said and then pulling away Seokjin's hand from his mom as he let the latter stand and move behind him.

"Wow! Possessive are we?" Jungkyun commented. "We're not going to snatch him away from you." Jungkyun said as he moved closer to Seokjin. "Seokjin is a very nice name." He said.

"T-thank you." Seokjin said shyly but he remembered what Jungkook said about him, that they are just friends. He felt sad even though it's true. He knows he won't have a space in Jungkook's heart and he was just kind to him.

Jungkook's POV

I get the feeling that Seokjin is getting uncomfortable with my mom's and sister's visit.

"We should go out for dinner and celebrate your birthday, Jungkookie. We would love to have dinner with Seokjin." She said smiling at him.

"Mom, we just had our dinner and you are making him uncomfortable." I told her, and hopefully she'll understand Seokjin's situation.

"Stop it, Jungkook. You were just gatekeeping him from us." She said.

"Your skin is so flawless!" Jungkyun said while observing Seokjin's face and skin. "Are you for real?"

"Hyung! Stop scaring him." I said, scolding Jungkyun who almost touched Seokjin.

"What? I am just admiring your boyfriend." He said, justifying his actions.

I pulled Seokjin and hid him behind me.

"Mom, hyung, why are you guys here?" I said pinching the bridge of my nose feeling a sudden headache.

"We've wanted to spend your birthday with you so we decided to spend the week here." Mom said.

I can feel my eyeballs almost popping out because of what she just said.

"What? You can't do that!" I said out of surprise and I wanted to apologize when I realized I raised my voice at them. "M-mom, I'm sorry, I didn't mean t--"

"Jeon Jungkook! You can't talk to our mom like that." Jungkyun said.

I saw my mom leave the room and I breathe out.

"I'm sorry, Seokjin. Can I leave you here first?" I asked.

"Okay." He answered simply.

I ran to my mom who was about to leave the house and hugged her.

"I'm sorry, Mom. I didn't mean to shout at you, I was just surprised."

I heard her sighed and then she looked at me.

"I'm sorry, too, if we were invading your privacy. We just wanted to surprise you." She said caressing my cheek.

"Does that mean we'll still stay here?" Jungkyun asked, taking his bag.

"Jungkook?" Mom asked.

"Yes. You can stay here, but please don't scare Seokjin. He is my neighbor and a very good friend of mine. I do not want him to be scared or to feel that we are invading him."

Jungkyun looked at the closed door from my room.

"Why did you hide him?" He asked.

"I---well---n-no one knew that we were friends. E--even Yoongi and Jimin. H-he's kind of famous at school and I don't want people to think that he is friend with someone like me." I said.

"Someone like you?" Mom asked.

"Mom, you know what I'm saying. I got bullied before that's why I stayed here."

"Jungkookie, my baby, that's all in the past." She said to me.

"I know but it still haunts me!"

Seokjin then opened the door to my room.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but..."

"You're not interrupting anything, Seokjin." Jungkyun said with full smile.

"T-thank you, Jungkyun-ssi. I think I need to go home, I still have school works that I need to complete." He said and I remembered how late it might be for him.

"Sure, Seokjin. Sorry that I took your time." I said to him apologetically.

"It's okay." He said smiling at me and there goes my heart again, fluttering with joy in just one simple smile.

"I'll help you out."

"I can take care of it. I'm just staying next door, Jungkook."

"O-okay."

"Mrs. Jeon and Jungkyun-ssi, I'll have to go home first. Thank you and goodnight." He said bowing before completely leaving my apartment, feeling empty without him.

"Look at you saying he's just a friend but now you look at the door as if you can see from behind." Jungkyun said to me as I looked at the closed door, trying to hear if Seokjin already opened his door.

I sighed, this is the first time in many months that I was not able to see him home and I suddenly feel useless.

"What? Stop minding me. I will fix the other bedroom for you." I said to them but Jungkyun stopped me and suddenly gave me a hug.

"I miss you so much, little brother. How did you manage to stay here for too long and you look healthier by the way. I love how you look now." He said still not letting go.

I hugged him back and tapped his back.

"Hyung, it's too tight." I said.

"I have missed you a lot." Jungkyun said and I heard him sniffling.

"W-wait... hyung, are you crying?"

"Ah, Jungkyun, you're still too soft when it comes to Jungkook." Our mom said.

"I just hope you can stay with us in Busan. Your nephew misses you a lot, too."

"I know, hyung, but I learned a lot living alone here now. I miss you, too, and mom and dad."

"Really?!" Jungkyun said pulling away from me. "I would love to celebrate Chuseok here, too! Namjoon will be delighted!"

"Wait! W-what?! Who said anything about Chuseok?" I asked not believing what I am hearing right now.

"I did, but you insinuated it." Jungkyun said.

"I don't remember saying it."

"Touch-move. Let's go mom, I'll carry your baggage to the room." Jungkyun said to our mom pretending as if he did not just said something that would destroy our relationship.

When they closed the door I sighed again. I don't know what to with those two around. It seems like it will now be hard for me to eat dinner with Seokjin while ny family is here.