Chapter 10

The second term started so quick. The summer vacation eneded as if it never happened.

Seokjin's foot healed quicker than expected and before the start of their classes, Seokjin was able to start cookig again and that made Jungkook very happy. Not just because of the food but also because Seokjin healed quickly.

Jungkook was seated on a bench, waiting for Yoongi and Jimin when Yoongi covered his eyes suddenly.

"As if I don't know your smell, Yoongi." He said.

When he opened his eyes, Jimin was bringing a cake in front of him.

He smiled when he saw his friends and heard them sing.

"You guys are embarassing me." He said blushing by the surprise of his friends.

"Happy Birthday!" Jimin and Yoongi said.

"Whatever." Jungkook answered.

"Let's eat before our classes." Yoongi said as he pulled the utensils from the bag together with the cake.

"How did you celebrate your actual birthday?" Jimin asked him as he started pulling out the cake from the box.

"It was fine. I went back to my apartment that day." He said.

"What? Isn't that too boring? You celebrated your birthday alone?" Jimin asked.

He wanted to say he was not alone but that will stem with too many questions. He just nodded to them as he took a fork from Yoongi to taste the cake. He was amazed how delicious the cake was.

It was just small and just enough for the three of them to share.

Yoongi and Jimin shared their summer vacation experience while Jungkook listened to them, while also taking a bite of the cake.

He can't share that much as he was not allowed to go outside by his mother without bringing a body guard with him. She had been too traumatized because of what happened to Jungkook before he was transferred to Busan.

He still enjoyed his vacation as he got to know Seokjin more and he felt like they had been closer, which made him smile.

"Wow! Since when did you start to smile like that?" Jimin suddenly asked.

Jungkook suddenly lost his smile and coughed.

"Hm? Doesn't seem like a usual thing but I am happy seeing it." Yoongi said.

Jimin agreed and pet Jungkook's hair. Happily seeing their friend smiling.

"It's time. Let's go?" Yoongi said to them, leaving the bench and throwing away the box of cake after finishing it.

"What are you watching over there?" Hoseok asked Seokjin when he saw him focused on the outside view of the window.

"N-nothing." Seokjin said then left the window.

Hoseok looked over the window but did not see anything except for empty bench. "Why was he so serious looking over there earlier?" He asked to himself and then looked at Seokjin again who was now busy reading at his textbook. He shrugged and got back to his own chair.

"Did you and your cousin had a good summer?" Hoseok asked Seokjin.

"Hm." Seokjin nodded. "He visited me multiple times before he went home. We visited beaches together and then he went home 2 weeks before the vacation ended. He came back in Seoul yesterday." Seokjin answered smiling.

"Your cousin loves taking care of you. I wonder why you preferred to not stay at home with him." Hoseok said.

Seokjin frowned. "My mom said I will just be a nuisance for him that is why she rented an apartment for me. She does not like being compared to their family."