Chapter 9

Just reminding everyone that this is a cute short story so I hope you don't expect too much from it.

Author's POV

As Seokjin closed his eyes, he remembered the kiss that he and Jungkook shared earlier. It makes him feel uncomfortable because he thinks Jungkook is too kind. He never got mad and did not even scold Seokjin for the stolen kiss he took.

He also can't sleep considering Jungkook is just next door to him.

Jungkook's POV

I walk up early, waiting for my friend who is a doctor. He said he'll be checking on Seokjin today so I ordered breakfast for us. I looked at the room where Seokjin was sleeping and decided to knock as my friend might be arriving soon.

"Come in." I heard Jin spoke.

I saw him already sitting on the bed, looking at his ankle.

"The doctor will arrive soon. I brought you food so that you can eat first." I said putting the tray of food beside him.

"Thank you. Did you eat already?"

"I did before I knocked. I thought you might want to rest more that is why I did not wake you up."

"I---I see. Thank you for the food." He said smiling at me.

It's nice to see him smile at me like this early in the morning.

The door bell rang when Seokjin was about to take a bite of the food I gave to him. I excused myself and checked the door.

"Hyung! Thank you for coming." I said as soon as I saw my friend from the other side.

"How can I reject you? You're my husband's brother after all. He'll kill me if I won't be here." Namjoon said.

"Come inside. He's in the other room."

"What happened, by the way?" Namjoon asked.

"It will be better if he'll tell you about it. Seokjin the doctor is here." I said as I opened the door. "I will leave the two of you while I prepare breakfast. Seokjin, he's my brother's husband. He'll just check on your ankle so we would know if there's a need to bring you to the hospital. Hyung, I'll leave you with him. I'll keep the door open in case you need anything." I said before leaving them.

I prepared the breakfast of hyung and glanced at the open door every now and then. Hyung was asking Seokjin things I assume as Seokjin was nodding his head. Hyung started touching the ankle and I saw how Seokjin grimace a little, probably he was hurt. Hyung inspected the ankle more and the other parts of Seokjin's foot.

Seokjin either nods or shakes his head, probably to answer more questions. Hyung started writing on his notebook and also medical prescription.

I moved closer after preparing hyung's breakfast as he started talking again to Seokjin.

"It would be better to also talk to Jungkook about this." Hyung said.

"I'm here, hyung."

"Good. Uhm, there's no evidence of fracture or major sprain on his foot that would need medical emergency. I think it's just a mild sprain, and he just needs ice and to not force it too much. It will heal in about 2 or 3 days, but less movement is necessary for it. I will prescribe him pain medication in case the it will be too painful." Hyung said while continue writing. "He can do necessary things like walking and standing but in moderation. Bandage is enough for now to keep the ankle in shape but change it every 8 hours so that the foot can breathe. I did not note anything serious so everything should be good."

After writing in his medical slip, he gave the paper to me.

"It would still be better if you buy him these medications for him so that he can drink it whenever necessary. Please make sure that he also had food before drinking this because it will upset his stomach if not."

"Got it, hyung. I'll buy this later."

"Good. Nice meeting you, Seokjin. Do you have any question before I leave you here?"

"None. Thank you, Doctor." Seokjin said shyly.

"No worries. Me and Jungkook will just talk outside and we'll leave you so that you can continue your breakfast." Namjoon said before we left Seokjin and closing the door.

Author's POV

"Take your breakfast first, hyung." Jungkook said.

"Thanks, Kook. Who was he by the way? It's not usual that you would let someone inside your house after the incident in Busan." Namjoon said which made Jungkook stiffen. "Sorry, I did not mean to bring that up."

"It's okay, hyung. He's a...friend."

"Hm, he's also very handsome. I did not know that you and Yoongi learned to be friends with someone who looks innocent. The two of you are not safe for soft hearts." Namjoon said with a chuckle.

"He's very kind and gentle." Jungkook said looking at the closed door.

"I can see that. It also seems that the two of you had been very close. Am I right?"

Jungkook blushed and did not answer. He drank the glass of water in front of him instead.

"I won't tell your brother about him. I am happy you found new friends aside from Yoongi and Jimin. You're in your 4th year so I hope you enjoy your college days before it ends." Namjoon said taking the last bite. "Don't forget to buy his medicine and don't lock him up here. Let him exercise the injured foot but not too much."

"He just lives next door, hyung, I offered my place last night because he was having a hard time walking." Jungkook said.

Namjoon smirked and said "is that all you offered?"

"Hyung! You should leave, I really should tell my brother about your secrets."

"And I should tell him that you have a very handsome neighbor. I am sure he'll come running and even leave our children at home just to see who that neighbor is."

"Don't you dare." Jungkook said with a pout.

Namjoon drank his juice and stood up. "I guess that's a deal, then?" He said with extended hand waiting for a handshake.

Jungkook sighed and shook his hand.