Chapter 19

Seokjin's POV

I am not sure if I heard it right. I am shocked with what just happened. It's not how I was expecting this night to be.

"I want to start courting Seokjin, Taehyung. Since you're the closest family member he has, I want to get your blessing to court him."

Taehyung just smiled at him.

Sometimes, I am scared of my cousin when he is like this. Even though I am older than him by days, he still acts like a big brother to me. He knows me well and makes sure that I am also being well taken care of.

"I think I have to go now, Seokjin." He said to me instead of answering Jungkook. "Jungkook, will you be so kind to walk me home?"

He then stood up from his seat and took his bag from the couch.

"Taehyung..." I said worriedly, following him.

"Stay here, Seokjin. I will just talk to Jungkook." He said in a serious tone.

I frowned at him. He should not be doing this. I can handle myself when it comes to decision making.

"It's okay, Seokjin." Jungkook said smiling at me as he stood beside the door, waiting for Taehyung.

Author's POV

Jungkook walked Taehyung outside while Seokjin took care of the dishes, as Taehyung asked him to do.

"Taehyung, please don't be mad at---"

"I am not mad, Jungkook." Taehyung said smiling at Jungkook. "Seokjin had been through a lot, the least I would do is block his happiness."

"What do you mean?" Jungkook asked.

"A story not for me to tell but I am glad it's you who gets to court him. I know you'll protect him from anything." Taehyung said as he tapped Jungkook's shoulder. "I will pick him up tomorrow, by the way. There are a lot of gossips about him and me, I think it's time for me to be clear with our relationship. People will drag him to find something wrong about him amd he won't talk for sure." Taehyung said.

"Can I come with you?" Jungkook asked.

"Hm?" Taehyung asked.

"I want p-people to know that it was me he went out with that night." Jungkook said.

"You're really serious about this, huh?" Taehyung asked.

"I am." Jungkook said.

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow then. Go back to Seokjin for now. He must be worried about you." Taehyung said as they arrived at the ground floor of the building.

Jungkook smiled at him. "Take care on your way home, Taehyung. See you tomorrow." Jungkook said then ran back to the elevator and immediately pressed the button to the elevator, excited to see Seokjin again after hearing Taehyung's words.

Seokjin was waiting outside, leaning on his door when he saw Jungkook coming out of the elevator. He stood up straight when he saw Jungkook.

When Jungkook look up, he smiled upon seeing Seokjin. He walked quicker towards him with his hands on his pocket, trying his best not to hug Seokjin.

"Hey." Seokjin said when he was near.

"Hey." Jungkook answered with a smile.

They were silent for few seconds before Jungkook spoke again.

"Taehyung went home."

"Hm."

"He said he'll pick you up tomorrow." Jungkook said.