CH 7

Stepping carefully on the rocking steps and getting off the carriage, a group of knights dressed in fancy uniforms greeted Seongjin.

"We greet Prince Morres!"

"We greet the Third Prince!"

The knights raised their swords in unison and thumped them on the ground with their sheaths, then lowered their heads in a moderate motion. It was a well-rounded courtesy that could not be compared to the resident knights of the Pearl Palace.

Seongjin's mouth opened involuntarily.

Oh, that was kinda cool.

Looking at the knights with their heads down blankly, one of them, who appeared to be the leader, approached Seongjin and smiled softly.

"I congratulate you on your belated recovery. Your Highness the Prince! From here on, our imperial guards will serve you."

He was handsome man with his dark blonde hair.

His well-trained, sturdy body was quite intimidating, but the small, round eyes made his overall impression strangely mild.

"......"

Not knowing how to react, Seongjin stared blankly at him, and the man's smile faded.

However, as if he had been warned beforehand, he immediately calmed down his expression, put his right arm on his chest, and bowed his head politely.

"My name is Marthain Klanos, a member of the Imperial Guard, and the leader of the 2nd Knights, my lord. It's really nice to see you back in good health."

Ah, it seems that this person was originally familiar with Morres.

Well, what can he do? Seongjin smiled shyly, and Marthain smiled softly at him again, and then he turned around and started walking in the lead.

He seems to have guessed that he might not know the geography of the main palace at all. Thinking that it was fortunate that there was a person with quick judgment, Seongjin followed him.

However, as soon as he stepped into the high arched entrance, the Demon King made a sound of pain.

[Ew... Stuffy. It feels like my soul is being crushed flat!]

'Why? Could those people be paladins too?'

[No. They seem to be regular knights... It's not that, it just feels like this area is exceptionally full of holy power. The moment I leave this body, I feel like I'm going to be crushed to death... ugh......]

After that, the demon king completely shut his mouth. He called out several times, but the presence of the soul itself was extremely faint, and now it was difficult to even feel its presence.

He made up his mind to pretend he entered the boss dungeon, but he never thought that the demon king would be knocked out so quickly.

Concealing his anxiety, Seongjin slowly walked into the lobby of the main palace following the guides of the knights.

The office of the Holy Emperor was located at the end of the second floor of the main palace.

The wide hallway was relatively quiet, but occasionally people dressed in fancy clothes, who seemed to be high priests, would pass by the party.

Each time, Seongjin was nervous inside, but fortunately, they just stepped aside and greeted politely without any reaction.

'It seems that priests don't recognize that the soul has changed? Could it be that we were worried for nothing?'

Seongjin, a little relieved, called out, but there was still no answer from the demon king.

Couldn't withstand the energy of the priests and perished?