CH 24

Golden Truth Society.

An academic society that explores the truth of this world without prejudice based on pure academic curiosity.

Andrian Davis, a young man who introduced himself as the head of the society in the capital branch, was a scion of a fairly high status. His skinny, diminutive physique was typical of a corner scholar, but the tight, downturned mouth seemed a little stubborn.

"His Excellency Cardinal Kaplan is my uncle."

When he said that, Seongjin did not miss the momentary expression of slight contempt on the young man's face.

"Our society, which was once on the verge of extinction, was able to face a great turning point thanks to the prince. For the distant future of the empire, our members are always moved by the wisdom of Your Highness who has generously and silently supported us for many years."

"What, I'm touched."

"No! It is indescribable how deeply the indignation we feel every now and then when slanders come from ignorant people."

Of course, Seongjin had no memory of supporting them.

However, it was clear that now was not the time to explain about his memories since he was sick. It was because he got the feeling that the society that this young man was talking about was not a place that was normally active in the sun.

It is a matter within the Holy Empire, where the authority of the Main God pierces the heavens. It is not only on Earth that a group that claims the truth is a perfect environment to be branded as a cult.

As evidence of that, the face of Sir Marthain, who was silently listening to the conversation next to him, was gradually hardening.

"When I heard that you suffered from a severe fever, I was terrified that something unpleasant might happen to you. It is a great honor to be able to meet you and say thank you, even if by chance."

"Um, is that so?"

"Yes, to be honest, I was worried that seeing you in person like this would hurt you, but I have no idea when I will be able to greet the prince, who rarely leaves the imperial palace......"

It seems that he stopped by the dressing room and heard that Morres had come by chance, so he came to visit on an impulse. It is said that it is a regular dressing room for gentlemen in the capital, indeed.

Marthain took a step forward and tried to say something, but Seongjin quickly raised his hand to stop him. The moment they showed a strange expression, he was sure that the young man would quickly run away.

He had to figure out as much as possible about what and how far Morres was caught up in the current situation.

"It is because I believe that your quest will always be of great help to Delcross. There's nothing I can do differently, I just wanted to help in a small way."

"Ahh, as expected......"

The young man seemed very moved. The little doubts and insecurities that had lingered in his eyes until just now had completely disappeared from him.

"Actually, there was some talk within the society as well. There were some terrible people who misunderstood your intentions under the pretext that Your Highness did not show yourself and only delivered donations. However, having heard the words from Your Highness myself today, I know for sure what a foolish doubt it was. It is just overwhelming."

"Uhm. That's right."

It meant that there was no direct contact with the people of the society. Is it true that Morres was the one who sponsored it?