CH 19

Night at the main palace came a little earlier than usual.

After the aura storm riot in which all of the back garden was destroyed, the people of the main palace were distracted by the aftermath for a while.

Above all, the Holy Emperor that was at the center of the storm has not yet awakened. The chief chamberlain busy calling for a priest and the imperial palace doctor, and dismissed most of the servants who are bustling at the palace to ensure sufficient rest for the Holy Emperor.

The main palace, with only a minimum of attendants and escort personnel, greeted an exceptionally quiet night that day.

A man in a black coverall penetrated the darkness.

The man who walked quietly through the hallway of the main palace, who was sleeping deeply, and avoided the guards who were on guard everywhere, and with familiar movements landed in the hall of the palace without a sound.

In the middle of the bed, where the moonlight streamed in through the window, drawing a long plaid pattern, the young Holy Emperor lay quietly with his eyes closed.

Considering that he usually noticed his approach like a ghost, it was very unusual. Maybe it won't happen again.

The man's footsteps headed towards the bed without a sound.

But he couldn't get any closer and had to stop. It was because a blue blade had touched his neck.

"Who do you dare to look at with such disloyal eyes?"

Francis Argen, lieutenant of the Knights of Saint Aurelion.

A paladin who was one head taller than an average person and had a sharp look was glaring fiercely at the intruder.

"......"

For a moment there was a chilling silence in the room.

"Francis."

Their confrontation was soon over.

The Holy Emperor sat up from his bed and was looking at them. It is a very normal face for the one that had been lying unconscious until now.

"Withdraw your sword. He is from the guild."

The young paladin stared at the man for a moment after hearing the order, but then sighed and drew back his sword. Freed from the threat, the guild's informant immediately knelt down and bowed his head toward the bed.

"Your Majesty."

"Report."

"I have identified their whereabouts. They are currently in a slash-and-burn village located at the end of the western mountain range, near the border of the Kingdom of Flandor. The guild identifies this village as bandits disguised as slash-and-burn villagers. It is said that after a subjugation order was issued in Rohan, a large number of bandits settled here along the western mountains."

The Holy Emperor slightly frowned.

"... Is it the border area with Asein?"

"That's right."

"What a coincidence."

The Kingdom of Flandor had been in minor local friction with the neighboring Dukedom of Carthage for as long as forty years. The fight that started over dowry has turned into a dispute over the rock salt mine near the border, and now only the insidious Archduke Asein has been reaping tangible benefits between them for decades.

Of course, even if they settle down, is it between Asein and Flandor? The anticipation was not very good.

The Holy Emperor was silent in thought. The guild's informant raised his head and stared at him for a moment, but then he lowered his head again at the command of the Holy Emperor.