CH 25

The puppet show came to an end.

A yellow lump approaches the side of the red lump lying on an angle.

[The Demon King of Dreams fell into deep sorrow after seeing the death of the Demon King of Fire. Although they faced each other, they were once allies fighting the same enemy. So, they decided to mourn him who died a miserable death at the hands of the evil hero.]

Why is the story like that?

What kind of children are those who fought to the death until now? Where did the hero go again?

[The Demon King of Dreams honored his sad death by calling their friend's name.]

The voice that recited the narration was low, but deep emotions of sadness that could not be hidden came out in it. Before he knew it, the children were holding their hands together and weeping.

Is this what collective hypnosis is like? He thought something was strange, but Seongjin also felt a strange sensation as if a corner of his chest was frowning. It was as if something directly stimulated his brain and elicited a mental change similar to emotion.

He can only speculate that the puppeteer's voice might be the cause, but there was no way to confirm this.

The voice with that strange magical power said calmly.

[Goodbye forever, Al Fahas, the Demon of Fire.]

Jeeeeen. In an instant, a tinnitus spread in Seongjin's head as if something was cracking.

"......?"

[Rest in peace, Al Fahas of Fire.]

Crack. Seongjin felt a slight dizziness from the small shock that rang once again.

"Bye, Demon King of Fire Al Fahas!"

"Rest in peace, Al Fahas!"

The children gather their mouths and shout.

"Goodbye forever, Al Fahas of Fire!"

He feels nauseous.

While trying to calm his shaking stomach, Seongjin suddenly thought. Something is very wrong with this.

Herna and Gades didn't chant along with the children. They just looked up at him with slightly worried eyes while holding Seongjin's arms as if to support them.

The context of the story is poor, and the puppet show, which has no coherent theme, suddenly ended with a heartwarming ending.

The children who had been mourning the Demon King of Fire for a while left their seats one by one, and now only a shabby plank with a curtain down and a few burnt candles remained on the simple stage.

As if the narration and puppet show were conducted alone, one person was tidying up the stage while taking care of the puppets. They have a slender physique and wears a long, loose robe, so it is difficult to tell whether they are a man or a woman.

They wear a shabby half-mask that reveals their slim lower body, and their long silver hair is tied and hung down below their waist.

After the puppet show ended, Seongjin, who had calmed down like a lie, tried to approach the puppeteer who was cleaning the stage. It was impossible not to know that the strange phenomena and puppet shows that Seongjin had experienced earlier had something to do with the Demon King of Gehenna.

But there were two pairs of arms pulling him back.

"You mustn't meet that person yet, Morres."

"That person won't tell you anything, Morres."