Chapter Twenty-Three

"What!?" Ed screamed. "Stuart, call 911!"

Quickly, Stuart picked up the phone and dialed.

"Hello? Um, I have a woman here who thinks her water broke... I don't know what to do... Oh, 514 Walsh Street... She's in pain... Okay, please hurry!" He hung up. "They're sending an ambulance and told me to keep you breathing."

"Owie. Owie. Ow..." I whined.

"Take deep breathes." Stuart advised. "In through the nose, out through the mouth."

In and out, in and out. Another sharp pain.

"Ow!" I groaned.

"Should I call Zayn?" Ed suggested.

"Yes!" I squealed. Ed dialed the phone, only to be met with an answering machine. "Fuck, he's in a meeting right now."

Suddenly, I heard the sirens approaching.

"Okay, I'm gonna help you up, okay?" Ed grabbed my hands and got me to my feet.

A couple of paramedics rushed in with a wheelchair. I sat down in it as the wheeled me off. Eventually, we made it downstairs and into the ambulance. A male nurse took my hand and asked me some questions.

"Can you tell me your name?"

"Mia Limson." I groaned.

"How far along are you, Mia?"

"About eight months." I panted, squeezing his hand harder.

"Okay, can you give me your husband's number?" He smiled, the other nurse ready with a phone.

"My boyfriend, Zayn, is in a meeting. Already tried calling. Went to voicemail." Tears dripped out of my eyes.

"Well, how about we try again?"

"Okay, um, 020-679-5555." The female nurse pressed the numbers in and hit call. I watched as she listened, only to obviously be met with his voicemail.

"Okay, Mia, hang in there." I bit my lip, hard. "We're almost at the hospital."

After a few minutes of pain, we arrived. I was wheeled out and into a room. Immediatly, the nurse gave me a gown to change into. No matter the pain, I refused to let anyone help me. Struggling, I managed to put the gown on and lie on the table/chair.

"Okay, Doctor Hendricks-"

"Doctor Hendricks? No, my doctor is Doctor Gillens." I clarified.

"Doctor Gillens?" He furrowed his eyebrows, looking through the sheet. "Oh, she is out of the office currently."

"Well, get her in the office."

"Mia, I promise you Doctor Hendricks is very qualified." He reassured.

"I'm sure he is, but I went Doctor Gillens." I stated, firmly.

"I'll see what I can do." He left the room, leaving me with the other nurse to check on me.

"Well, you are only dialated 2 cm, you have a long way to go before these little guys come out." She smiled at me.

"Can you call my boyfriend again?" I pleaded.

"Okay, one last try." She sighed. Pulling out her cell phone, she dialed Zayn's number. I heard it ring once, twice....

"Hello?" I heard Zayn's voice across the phone.

"Hello, this is Shauna Penny at St.Charles' Hospital. Your girlfriend is here-"

"Mia? Is she okay?" I could hear the panic in his voice.