Chapter Eight

"Mia! You're home! What's with all the stuff?" Tara came and took my coat. "What's in the crate?" She tried to peer in.

"I got something. Look." I set the crate down and opened it. Baba ran out and started barking like crazy.

"He is so cute!" Tara yelped.

"What's with all the noise?" Zayn came out of our room. "Is that a puppy? I love puppies!" He picked up Baba and kissed his head. Baba licked Zayn's face.

"We got to go to our classes. It was 11:30 and we were supposed to be there by 11:45 for social time.

"Babe, do you want to come?" I asked Zayn as I put my shoes on.

"Sure, I should learn this stuff. He put his own shoes on and we left.

We arrived at the clinic where the classes were held.

"Mia! It's nice to see you." Bailey and her husband greeted me. Bailey was having a girl.

"Bailey and Frank! You too, you look like you're about to pop." I laughed.

"Yeah, one week to go. Yay!" Bailey laughed and we continued walking.

I talked to the girls and introduced everyone to Zayn and Tara.

"So, do you know the gender yet?" Jennifer asked, she was having triplet girls. Their names are going to be Faith, Hope and Joy.

"Yeah, it's a boy. I'm starting on the nursery." She showed me pictures of her nursery.

All class we worked on the "correct" birthing position and breathing exersises.

 After that class Zayn, Tara and I went into the hall to eat lunch. I brought three tuna and three turkey sandwiches. I took two tuna, Zayn took two turkey and Tara took a tuna and a turkey.

We bought some sodas and then joined our next class. We took our dolls and went to our places.

"Hello everybody. I understand that we have a guest today." The teacher was an thirty something woman who had six kids. Her name was Lilia.

"This is Tara. She is eight months along with a baby girl." Tara waved and we began class.

We had covered proper sleep tatics, acceptable toys and changing diapers.

"Now, when bathing your baby. The water should reach about their mid-chest.

We put water in the tub and put the "baby" in.

We washed the doll and learned what soap brands were good for a baby's skin.

"Now, Royals is the most recommend brand for a baby's skin as it has important vitamins and oils that can cleanse a baby's skin and it is not rough."

We cleaned off the babies and went onto what a baby can eat.

"Never, ever, feed a baby round foods. Avoid grapes and small tomatoes. Cut up foods so they are very small, or feed your baby creamy foods. Applesauce is good and so is room temp soup.

Cereals should be avoided until they're about six months old, a few cherrios are okay though."

We practiced cooking, for the baby and found out if a baby could eat our foods. It was almost like home ecc. I made tiny cut up carrots, cheese cubes and yogurt with bananas.

"Great job, Mia. This meal may be a little big for a newborn, but once the little one hits two months, this should be perfect." I beamed at Lilia.

Zayn made a piece of chicken and cut it up in tiny pieces with tomato cubes.